Simpsons Lovers Only!!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Billy Bob Boy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Dec 3, 2005 #1 of 133
    Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    What are some of your favorite simpsons moments?

One of mine is during "Papas got a brand new badge" During the riot scene a buntch of people break in to loot a music store and come out as a Marching band!! HI larious!!

2. Dec 3, 2005 #2 of 133
    mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    When the security officer yanks Bart out of the family photo after he had been caught shoplifting the videogme Bonecrusher earlier in the ep and told him to never return to the store

3. Dec 3, 2005 #3 of 133
    Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    There was a great bit in the sixth Halloween episode when the advertisements come to life. Homer had stolen a donut from a Big Boy-esque character and Big Boy comes to look for it. Homer's sitting on the donut, hears a knock on the door and Homer goes to the door, sees the eye of the Big Boy (he's something like 50-feet tall after all), and says, "Uh, Flanders has it."

So the Big Boy goes next door, you hear the sounds of him tearing the roof off Flanders's house with no donut, so he comes back. Homer answers the door, and very annoyed (with Flanders in the background running around screaming, "Help me Lord!"), says, "I told you Flanders has it! Or Moe...go kill Moe."

Classic stuff...only discovered it on about the 14th viewing of that episode.

4. Dec 3, 2005 #4 of 133
    spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    There's no way I could come up with any favorite moments. There's one or two favorites in almost every episode.

5. Dec 3, 2005 #5 of 133
    trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    My favorite "moment" is the entire first act of "Marge's Fear of Flying," which has Guy Incognito, "crisitunity," "This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit! Enjoy your death trap, ladies!", "I want to watch TV in a different time zone," and much, much more.

6. Dec 3, 2005 #6 of 133
    Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Lost Member

Nov 16, 2000
    I was just thinking of this scene the other day and almost burst out laughing...

Bart takes one of Homer's beer cans and mixes it up using and industrial paint mixer. When homer reaches into the fridge, it is still rattling around like a mexican jumping bean. Then, the moment he opens it, they cut to an ariel view of the house with the quickest mushroom could ever seen.

7. Dec 3, 2005 #7 of 133
    mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Jebus save me!

8. Dec 3, 2005 #8 of 133
    scoblitz

scoblitz I Was Scottblitz

Aug 20, 2005
    Chicago-ish Il
    Homer in CGI 3D

what is this place - it looks expensive

mmm.... unprocessed fish sticks

9. Dec 3, 2005 #9 of 133
    dagap

dagap New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Alpharetta, GA
    I liked that part where Jessica was washing the General Lee.

10. Dec 3, 2005 #10 of 133
    latrobe7

latrobe7 What, me worry?

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    So many. I cant pick one. The exploding-beer-can mentioned above is a great one. Some others that come to mind:

When Homer wants to go to Clown College and he sees everyone around him as clowns – including some coworkers who are on fire.

When Homer buys Marge the “Kitchen Carnival”, which makes cotton candy, caramel apples, and has a deep fryer. Homer makes an 85-pound cotton candy/caramel ball.

When Homer keeps a 6-foot sub until it’s rotten and gives him food poisoning

When Homer eats the baking soda in the fridge and has an antacid flashback.

When Homer gets a “tramapoline”

Mojo the helper monkey

When Homer injects himself with Mr. Burns’ leftover aphrodisiac made from “the pockets of a pocket-fox”, then runs home and ravages Marge, Marge says “Oh Homey, that was amazing! I hope the kids didn’t hears us.” -cut to Bart and Lisa traumatized in their beds.

The entire “Ribwich” storyline.

When Homer and Bart trap a Leprechaun with Lucky Charms cereal.

Homer is taking a nap in his hammock, snoring. He inhales a caterpillar walking on his chest, and exhales a butterfly.

I can go on and on, Homer rules.

11. Dec 3, 2005 #11 of 133
    woyton

woyton New Yorker no more

Mar 2, 2001
    Sharon, CT
    Way too many.

The first one that comes to mind is a future episode where Homer is living under the sea. Fish steal his lawn (?) furniture and he says, "Stupid flounders."

12. Dec 3, 2005 #12 of 133
    mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    When Otto swapped Urine bottles with Homer when applying to be a guard at Burn's new prison. When Burns read off the lsit of drugs, I was laughing, especially when he said "and a trace amount of urine"

When Grandpa hits Bart after Bart hit a kid while training him in the episode where they fight Nelson and his gang

When Marge was assaulted and refused to go out of the basement

Homer and Apu go to India to get Apu's job back

13. Dec 4, 2005 #13 of 133
    bentleyml

bentleyml Unregistered User

May 21, 2003
    Moore...
    Lisa worrying about her future, where she's fat, married to Ralph and has dozens of kids. The line, "Wesley, get Momma her prying bar." Is my absolute favorite line.

14. Dec 4, 2005 #14 of 133
    mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    That was a great episode.

I also like the Lisa future episode when she was supposed to marry Hugh and was afraid to bring him home to meet Marge and Homer. When they finally get to Springfield, Homer raises the Union Jack, and it was to close to the bug zapper and it catches fire just as Homer tells hugh to look at the flag. Then they yank it down and shovel manure on it to put it out, and then hands it to Hugh.

15. Dec 4, 2005 #15 of 133
    Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    Dont forget chief wiggum calling on the radio after seeing the beersplosion. "We need pretzles REpeat Pretzles.

16. Dec 4, 2005 #16 of 133
    Bars & Tone

Bars & Tone Will Draw for Food

Aug 28, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Homer: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Ham?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!

Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, "magical" animal.

Also gotta love the name of the gun store: Bloodbath & Beyond

17. Dec 4, 2005 #17 of 133
    mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I liked the episode where Homer has a fued with former President Bush all because he spanked Bart

18. Dec 4, 2005 #18 of 133
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Most any epsiode with Krusty :D :up:

19. Dec 4, 2005 #19 of 133
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    One of my absolute faves is the ep with Santa's Little Helper and his "twisted stomach." Marge announces that they all have to make sacrifices to afford SLH's surgery. Bart has to go to the local Barber College for haircuts (of course, the guy cuts off his "points"), Maggie has to wear old clothes (she outgrows her sleeper as Marge speaks, and in the next scene she is wearing a Crown Royal Bag), Homer has to give up beer ('nuf said) and Lisa has to give up the volumes of Encyclopedia Generica that they have been buying at the supermarket. "But, Mom!" Lisa whines, "Next week is volume 3, Copernicus through Elephantiasis!"
    ..And of course, the next day at school, Miss Hoover assigns Lisa's class a report on Copernicus! That night, the dog tries to cuddle with Lisa, and she says, "Go away! Can't you see I'm reading this third-rate biography of Copernicus I found at the bus station?"
    :D Makes me laugh every time!

20. Dec 4, 2005 #20 of 133
    Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    Hi

What is this