Simple Connection- Major channel changing problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JennJ99738, Jan 14, 2006.

1. JennJ99738

JennJ99738 New Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I just moved my old Series 1 Tivo to an old TV. I hooked it up using simple RF In/Out connection. I started up and everything was fine. I changed the setup to reflect the RF In connection and thought everything worked. The channels don't change. The screen looks like it is changing channels. The banner changes but the TV remains on same channel 3. I can't believe I am having this problem. One cord. What the heck is the problem? Please help! I do not want to lose everything I have recorded on there.

2. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    It sounds like it's set up for "cable with a cable box" and it needs to be changed to "cable without a cable box".

3. martin1

martin1 New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Round Rock, Tx
    I have a series 2 so don't know exactly how series 1 works but pretty sure it works about the same. 1st make sure you don't have how the rf in and out reversed. make sure out goes to tv. Second make sure the channel switch is set to channel 3. You usually have the option of setting it to channel 3 or 4. Third go into channel you receive page and make sure the channels or set to ant. The Tv is suppose to remain on channel 3 or 4 you tivo is what changes to the channel you want to watch.

4. JennJ99738

JennJ99738 New Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I fixed the problem. I was trying to get the box to work without going thru the guided setup since I was just moving the box to another room but no luck. It's fine now. Thanks for the replies