Silicon Valley S01E06 "Third Party Insourcing" 5/11/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Zevida, May 14, 2014.

1. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA

Advertisements

For some reason this episode felt like the best to me while I was watching it, though when I reflect back on it I'm having trouble remembering why.

I did think it was funny when the self-driving car took changed course and took over and drove Jared to the shipping container. I thought they took it a little far when they had him actually shipped off. Meaning, I think this show generally suffers from the problem that it tries to be too absurd for what live-action will allow. That bit on the Simpsons would be hilarious, but in a live-action show it just goes too far.

I will weigh in representing all women of the world with a resounding yes, Dinesh is definitely more attractive than Erlich.

I think it is sad that Christopher Welch passed away, but I won't miss the character in the show. I did not appreciate the performance and found it a little creepy - actually reminded me of Kathy Geiss from 30 Rock.

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Totally agree. It was the gag that wouldn't end.

3. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Wow, didn't realize Chris Welch had died. I found his Silicon Valley character creepy, but in a very intriguing way. He played it exceptionally well. Rest in peace, Chris.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought Christopher Welch's interaction with Flo Rida in the previous episode was great. He's played this character really well. Too bad he won't be around for S2.

Did anyone else notice the nod to FX's "The League" during this episode?

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

Isn't there one more appearance by him? I thought someone posted previously that this was his second to last appearance, before his previous one.

I do wonder how they're going to deal with this in the show.

6. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    no. what was it?

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    On the pros and cons board that Dinesh was making to try and decide if he should sleep with Gilfoyle's girlfriend, one of the cards on the cons side said "Eskimo brothers with Gilfoyle."

8. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    OT, but I was watching MSNBC and they were interviewing a Satanist from Harvard who wanted to stage a "Black Mass" there -all I could think of was the Satanic Baptism from this ep...and then they showed a clip from it!

Chris Matthews said, "We don't know what a black mass looks like, but we imagine it looks like this..." -then they showed the end of the baptism when the priest said, "Hail Satan..it is done..." and everyone repeated "Hail Satan..." and Ehrlich awkwardly said, "It is done..."-then the priest got all casual and said, "Ok, everyone, thanks for coming..." :p
    BA HA HA HA! :D:D:D

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Didja notice in the last(?) episode when Peter Gregory gets confronted by Gavin Belson in the restaurant, Belson has a grin and can barely keep from cracking up? Methinks that he was really hysterical by the way that Chris Welch played it and they kept it as the character Gavin Belson would have been tickled to see him set him off, too.