Signal meter to never work again?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Mordy, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Mordy

Mordy New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    OK its been 3-4 months now that they have promised to fix the no signal strength meter issue since they did some update. I dont know what to think.
    Makes it impossible to tune anoter antenna etc.
    Anyone have a clue ?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try Twitter. It's usually the last hope.

@TiVoSupport

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try under {Settings / Account, System info / Diagnostics} and you get to see the signal % and SNR.

4. Mordy

Mordy New Member

Jul 22, 2019

Just not the same, I use facetime to watch it when I am on the roof making adjustments.

5. Mordy

Mordy New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Seems to be working this morning, also got a message wanting me to by a new bolt and service plan!!!

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    FYI, its not a new service plan, Its a transfer of the lifetime from the current Tivo to a new Bolt for the price of $99.99. You also have to but the Bolt at a separate price.

7. Stu Mac

Stu Mac New Member

Jun 9, 2019
    I had posted in a similar thread a few months ago. Had given up hope. Can confirm that I just tried it a little while ago and the signal meter is now again giving me the actual signal-strength for my channels accurately. Must have been a software update pushed this weekend ?

8. Tiger62

Tiger62 Member

Mar 27, 2018
    I've been complaining about the OTA Signal Strength Meter not working on my Bolt for some time. I have TE4 and received the V14 update yesterday. The Signal Strength meter was actually working! Then I did a Channel Scan and the Signal Strength stopped working! I Re-Started the box and now it's working again.