Signal Drops

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by phecksel, Feb 24, 2010.

1. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003

Advertisements

My signal drops have continued to drive me nuts... Watching the antenna strength meter, it goes from mid 90's to 60's and simultaneously occurs with the pixelation.

Replaced the original HD with a 1T - and thanks for the great instructions, it was super easy, and now I don't have to be concerned with limiting HD programming.

Replaced the high gain directional antenna with a non directional powered antenna.

One channel was worse then the others with the high gain antenna. Problem is now distributed across the channel with the new ant.

Now comes the best part, wife was home one day and watched tv the entire day with ZERO issues. Evening comes and the signal drops start. It's intermittent, and seemingly unrelated to anything we are doing. I'm beginning to think maybe a Ham operator, but I haven't seen any antennas anywhere around the house. Don't know how far away that can be an issue.

Any ideas on where to go next?

2. phecksel

phecksel Member

Oct 10, 2003
    As offered in another thread, turns out the problem is highly likely a multipath issue with the signal. I would have never guessed being above the deck (mounted to railing) would cause an issue, but it did. Going to lift it above the deck and see if I can resolve the "changed" multi-path issue.