Signal Distribution

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by ADG, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA

Advertisements

Trying to distribute the Series3 pic/sound to other sets in the house. Never had a problem DirecTivo - that had an RF out. Using a modulator, I took the RCA out (vid & audio) from the back of the Series3 and put it into the modulator and the RF cable to the distributor. Nothing. I'll play around with it more tomorrow, but can anyone think of a reason this wouldn't work? Thanks.

2. FlippedBit

FlippedBit New Member

Dec 25, 2001
    Mountain...
    seems like it should work. Have you tried a simpler setup without TiVo? Like VCR -> Modulator -> TV ? Just to make sure the modulator is working. Then try S3 -> Modulator -> TV. Then try your setup. Did you make sure your composite out was working on the S3? Swap cables, etc.. All the standard stuff that I bet you have tried.

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I wish I could tell you I had been smart enough to try everything, but alas........ Because of your post I tried the vcr and it did not work either. Strange, because the modulator worked fine two days ago before I switched from the DirecTivo to the Series3. Well, off to Radio Shack. Thanks for taking the time to respond FlippedBit - appreciate it :)