Showtime free preview weekend

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by GiantBeer, Sep 28, 2007.

1. GiantBeer

GiantBeer New Member

Feb 19, 2003

Advertisements

It is suppose to be a free preview of Showtime on comcast. But my S3 does not seem to get any of the channels. any ideas?

2. mamosley

mamosley New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    Mine gets the standard but not the hd showtime.

3. tmesser

tmesser Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Naperville, IL
    Strange... I get them all on my THD.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    BHN is doing the same thing here, but I can't get ch 299 on my S3 for some reason.

5. MisterUCLA

MisterUCLA Member

Mar 31, 2002

Advertisements

I'm getting HD SHO in TWC Los Angeles on both TiVOS3 and TiVoHD.

6. old64mb

old64mb New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    I stayed in tonight and searched on QAM. Oddly enough, I'm getting 3 of the multiplexed channels and FlixE, but no main Showtime or SHOHD. Bummer, wanted to see Californication.

7. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    I'm getting Showtime HD and 4 or 5 SD channels on Comcast Jersey City as of this morning. Initially I dialed them in via the channel numbers posted on comcast.com's channel lineup. They were in my channel lineup in the TiVo Settings so I just put checkmarks next to them so we could avail ourselves to them as well as see them in the guide. I'm sure by Monday, I'll wind up having to uncheck them.

8. Okeemike

Okeemike Tastes like lemons

Apr 24, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    This might be a dumb question, but do the cable cards support the freeviews? My thoughts are that since there is no two way communication, it wouldn't work with the cards...

9. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Cablevision in NJ does not work either. Wonder what the issue is. I also wanted to see Californication.

10. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Good question. I guess I figured for CableCARD customers they would just "turn on" authentication for that channel on everyone's account?

edit: I can't tune my S3 to ch 299 because it doesn't "exist" in the "channels I receive list." So the signal strength meter doesn't work either. I guess I would need a Guide data update from TiVo before I could switch to that channel.

11. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    The cable company must be "enabling" the decryption for just this weekend, as I posted above, I'm getting all the Showtime channels as of this weekend.

12. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    This is sort of not relevant to this discussion, but I normally DO get Showtime HD, yet as I watch it I'm still getting the message 'To Order Showtime call...." etc, as if it were a preview. Is that normal--to get that message even though you already get the channel?

13. velum

velum New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    I get the showtime preview but I don't get any other digital channels. I sure wish that Charter gets their head out of their buts and fixes my cable cards with my tivohd

14. wierdo

wierdo New Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Arkansas, US
    Yes, that's why I hate free preview weekend with a passion!

It's not something the cable company does, it's something the station does before it gets uplinked.

15. Revolutionary

Revolutionary Too sleepy for TV...

Dec 1, 2004
    Virginia
    My understanding is that my cableco, Cox Fairfax, is running the freeview weekend, but I can't tune any Showtime channels on either tuner on my S3.

16. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Just noticed I am still getting Showtime for free. I had added the channel (223) because of the free weekend. Interesting. :D

17. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Don't know about other areas, but my area usually disables decryption during free preview and sends it in the clear. My PC can record.