Shows that are not new are labeled "new"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Farhawk3, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Farhawk3

Farhawk3 New Member

Feb 7, 2014
    This problem showed up on my Roamio with, what I call, "the unreadable white labeled 'new'" release.

I now have recordings of shows I have watched and deleted that have been rerecorded and labeled "New". This despite the fact that the shows have " First Aired" dates that are perhaps a week or more earlier than the date they were recorded. If I wanted all shows from a prior ( or current) season I would specify a season. I don't like this new definition of the word "new". Is there a way I can get shows to only be labeled "new" if the date they are recorded equals (I.e. '=') the date they were first aired?

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    For recording purposes, "New" means (and has always meant) that the broadcast date is within 28 days of the original air date. One Passes don't rerecord shows that have already been recorded and deleted recently unless you specify "Everything" instead of "New" or "New & Repeats", or the metadata for the show has generic data for the recording so that your TiVo doesn't know what the original air date for the recording is.

My TiVos don't exhibit the behavior you describe, so it doesn't seem to be a general problem; perhaps you could give specific instances of the shows, original air dates and broadcast dates of the programs you are having problems with? Perhaps then we could understand the problem better.