Shows missing from HD menu search

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by klyde, May 15, 2011.

1. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    I searched for the new Jesse Stone movie Innocence lost, Its on next Sunday. Searching for Jessy Stone or Innocence lost using the HD menu finds every Jessy Stone movie but the new one. Changing the menu to the old SD menu and it finds it asap. Another Bug?

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Worked for me on my HDUI. It is spelled Jesse Stone though, so maybe that is why?

TiVo.com link

3. klyde

klyde Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Alabama,...
    Ok I went back and did it again On the SD menu I only type Je and it popped up, but on the HD menu I got 1 with Jesse Stone: Thin Ice and Jes I got 4 and Jess I got 5 and Jesse S before I got the 6th and final one. I never thought I had to go into it that far.
    With Jes I got Jes, Thin Ice, Sea Change, Night Passage then Jessica Alba then Jesse Stone: No Remorse, then Jesse James, Then Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise, then Jessica Biel. Seems a strange way o display shows. I guess like a lot of people I find the SD menu not as good as the SD menu. Having to type in 5more characters to get the latest movie, now I'm wondering how many other things I never say because I never typed in the full name.
    I suppose searching the internet with the HD menu has its pluses and minuses.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    The default sort on the HD UI is to list items from most popular to least popular. You can change it though. It says at the top which of the buttons changes it to alphabetically. This will then work just like the SDUI.

Also don't forget the HDUI includes multiple sources while the SDUI only includes whats on TV so this is why you get different results. Of course you can also change these options to filter only cable listings. The options are on the search page.