Show Will Not Permanently Delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mchiles, Jan 23, 2012.

1. mchiles

mchiles Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I have a new Premiere Elite running 20.2. I have a show in the Recently Deleted Folder that will not go away. I know that it is not required to delete programs from the Recently Deleted Folder, But I like to Permanently Delete shows in the Recently Deleted Folder as a matter of course.

I have a show that no matter how many times I try to Permanently Delete the show from the Recently Deleted folder it does not delete. I have Restarted the TiVo several times and the show is still there. I have Recovered the show and Restarted the TiVo box and then tried to permanenetly deleting the show and the show does not go away.

Since it will be asked... The show is an episode of Friday Night Lights

Any ideas on how to get the show to permanently delete???? (Other then a "Clear and Delete Everything")

Thanks

2. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I really see no reason why anyone would want to delete anything out of "recently deleted", unless you just didn't want someone else to see/know something that was recorded.

In any case, the only time I have seen that happen is when the program is damaged in some way. Recover the program, then try to play it and see if you get an error. If you do, that might be why. And if so, try to play it repeatedly and see if you can jump over the empty or damaged section, then try to delete it.