Show Starting Times Off By An Hour

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by GPK5050, Aug 5, 2011.

1. GPK5050

GPK5050 New Member

Jan 18, 2004

Advertisements

Hi All...

I noticed last night that if I search for a show by spelling it's name, the results are always off an hour on their starting times. EX: If I search for "Entertainment Tonight" by spelling it, the results show that it starts at 6PM which is wrong. In my area, the show starts at 7PM. But if I search using the channel guide, the time is correct... it shows 7PM.

Any ideas to what is going on and how to correct it?

Thanks...

Greg

2. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
  3. GPK5050

GPK5050 New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    Contacted TiVo support and they said they know of the problem and it will be addressed in the next update? I said... "When... in a year" He laughed and apologized again. I'm not laughing!!!!

Greg

4. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    They frequently say that but its a good thing you called it in. I called it in last year around Sept.

5. awsnyde

awsnyde Member

May 11, 2007
    Maryland

Advertisements

I've seen that, but as long as everything records at the correct time--and so far it seems to--it doesn't bother me too much. What's weird is that I subscribe to the Eastern time zone edition of Channel Guide magazine, just so I can easily plan out all our movie recording from the pay movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc), and it's hours are also off by an hour, at least in the Premium movie section.

6. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    In my experience, it affects some but not all programs be they premium or not. That's why it bothers me is because I can go a long time without encountering the issue then all of a sudden I'm spending 30 minutes trying to get stuff to record at the correct time because one show is off. That's when you start getting messages like such and such a show will not record because it conflicts. . . with itself (same channel/time).

7. eriley99

eriley99 New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    We're having the same problem. I called TIVO and they said they've never heard of it before. Oddly- times on the SD menu search are correct. It's the HD menu search that is 1 hr early.

8. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    On July 12, @tivodesign tweeted that it would be fixed in the next release. Looks like that didn't happen.

At least it should correct itself on November 6th, because this appears to be an issue of the HD menus not correctly accounting for Daylight Saving Time.