Show only available movies I don't have to pay for?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TerpBE, Jun 10, 2016.

1. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs

Advertisements

I subscribe to Netflix and have a few purchased movies on VUDU. Is there any way to only show Netflix movies and purchased VUDU movies in the Streaming Movies folder? I keep finding that I add a Netflix movie, then when it becomes unavailable it still shows up in the folder, but only as a VUDU purchase/rental. What I'd like is for anything no longer available from Netflix to drop out of the streaming movies folder, but also still be able to access my VUDU purchases from the Now Playing List.

As far as I can tell, my only options are:
    - Remove VUDU from my providers, which makes me unable to access my VUDU purchases, or
    - Keep VUDU in my providers, but keep seeing movies I'd have to purchase in my Streaming Videos/Search results.

Is there any way I'm overlooking to limit the streaming movies folder/search results to "streaming movies I can watch without paying"? (The Show-Free option in search doesn't seem to include my purchases movies)

p.s. I have a Premier, if that makes any difference.

2. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    In the OnePass settings, there's a 'Rent or Buy' that you can set to Don't Include. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it should only show those that are available for free.

That said, I don't know if it tracks that you have Netflix, Amazon Prime, ... and it may show up if it's free for any of the subscriptions whether or not you subscribe to it.

I know I had some showing up for Netflix after I let my Netflix account lapse.

3. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    That may work for Onepasses, but what I'm looking for is an option for the Now Playing List.

4. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    TiVo should add "C" button filtering to the "Streaming Movies" folder. Free and All would be the toggles.

5. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...

Advertisements

I believe you mean the 'My Shows' list - It used to be the 'Now Playing List'

That said, that is exactly what I'm referring to. In order for the streaming shows to show up in the 'My Shows' list, you need to have a OnePass setup for it, with streaming videos or recordings and streaming video option selected in the OnePass settings. Two items below that is the Rent or Buy option, which can be set to include or don't include.

You can press the 'C' button while in the 'My Shows' list that you're interested in and cycle through to get to 'View (My Episodes)' which will show recordings and streaming episodes that you haven't marked as deleted and are available by one of the services for free. 'Recordings' will only show recorded shows, and 'view (all episodes)' will show all episodes even if they are not available for streaming at all at that time - the streaming icon will be grey'd out and shows you've marked as watch won't have a streaming or recording icon beside it.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Not true. I believe what the original poster is doing is manually adding the shows from search. In that case, there is no filter in My Shows to show only free shows.

7. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Onepass does not know what you have or have not purchased from Vudu unfortunately. The remove rent or buy options impacts all content from Vudu and all but Prime content from Amazon IIRC

8. humbb

humbb Active Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA
    Onepass DOES know what programs are available for free to the user on Xfinity On Demand, but, unfortunately, the remove rent or buy option still displays XOD programs that are pay-only. :confused:

9. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    It is all limited to the metadata that TiVo can collect form the content provider. I also tend to believe that TiVo only collects and uses global information - so your personal purchases would not be included.

10. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004
    I think what the op is asking is to see stuff that is free AND stuff he has bought and "free only" removed the stuff he had bought along with unbought.

11. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    Ok, but that's not what he's saying. He Stated the first time 'from the Now Playing List' and again when discussing the OnePass that he wanted it from the 'Now Playing List' which is the old term used for the 'My Shows'

You also seem to be implying there is the ability to search within 'My Shows' which I'm not aware of.

That said, when in search (TiVo Central -> Find TV, Movies, & Videos) you can hit the 'C' button to cycle through showing 'Free' vs 'All' vs 'Watch Now'

12. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You can add streaming movies to My Shows without adding a OnePass.

13. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    Ok, I could be ignorant in this matter. How do you add streaming movies to the 'My Shows' list w/o adding a OnePass?

14. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You can select it when doing explore this show. If you add it and it is available, it shows under movies in my shows. If it is not available, it won't but it will appear when it is available.

15. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    Ok, I'm confused here. If it's in the 'My Shows' list then it's already there. It sounds like this is doing it from the Find TV, Movies & Shows under TiVo central and then adding it to 'My Shows'. Or is there something else I'm missing here.

EDIT: Ok, I think I'm slow to pick up on it. He's adding shows to the 'My Show' List whether or not he can get the for free, or has purchased them. But only wants them to show up when they are either free or can purchase them.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  16. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    This is actually easy: If you really want to watch the movie, then it is one you have to pay for :).