Show Descriptions

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by clisi, Jan 25, 2006.

1. clisi

clisi New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    I have several Keyword Season Passes set up on my box. My question is, many shows in the TV Guide don't have good descriptions of the subject of the show, who is on the show, and some have no description at all. Thus, if there is a show which contains one of my keywords, it won't tape because there is no description on the show, right? If I am wrong about how Tivo uses these keywords, please let me know. If not, who is responsible for the show descriptions in the TV guide? Is that my cable company or Tivo? To whom would I express this concern?

Thanks.

Christine

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    I don't know how a show would "contain" your keywords if there is no show description, but I think you have the idea. Tivo checks the show descriptions against your keyword wishlists.

Neither Tivo nor your cable company writes the show descriptions. That is done by Tribune Media Services. Their web pages are www.zap2it.com and www.tms.tribune.com.

3. clisi

clisi New Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Exactly my point. My show will not be recorded if there is not a sufficient description. Does TiVo recommend contacting Tribune Media Services to complain about the fact that some shows have generic descriptions?

4. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    As earlier post had linked this is where to go to complain:

http://www.zap2it.com/index

Off above:

"Send general comments to feedback@zap2it.com. Please keep e-mails short, concise, and to the point; and make the "Subject:" lines relevant. We will try to answer e-mails in a timely manner, but at times we get overwhelmed and may take longer to respond. Feedback is not handled over the weekends.

You hereby grant to Zap2it.com, Tribune and their respective affiliates worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in the Community Areas and/or any e-mail sent by you to Tribune (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

If you wish to report a cable or satellite lineup discrepancy: please fill-in the "Subject:" line as "Lineup Discrepancy," and include the following information or your request will not be processed:

Cable System Name (please copy exactly from our list of providers)
    Specific Description of Problem (channels missing or incorrect, program data incorrect, date/time of specific occurrence, etc.)
    Provider Phone Number
    Provider Service (cable, satellite)
    Apartment or Hotel Complex Name (if applicable)
    City
    State or Province (and country if outside of the United States)
    Zip or Postal Code "

Good luck!!!