Should I purchase a back up Hard Drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by MrDell, Dec 5, 2020.

1. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island

Advertisements

Just wanted to get some feedback from the TiVo community.... I have a Bolt that is closing in on three years old with some external cooling attached. It has been trouble free so far but I am aware of some possible future hard drive issues I may encounter. I just noticed that Amazon has the “Toshiba MQ03ABB200 2TB” listed which I think is a decent replacement. Was wondering if this hard drive is a good replacement and do you think that it is a good idea to have a replacement on hand. If Cable becomes an issue I can always go OTA with this Bolt and reception is very good in my area. Thanks so much for your feedback.

2. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Don't forget, OTA may go away as well depending when your area changes over to ATCS 3.0, then depending when they end ATSC 1.0 transmissions. So far this is 5+ years.

3. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Very true... I have been very happy with tivo but I realize that it may not be future proof... is there any device available now or on the horizon that will be compatible with ATCS 3.0 and can be a decent replacement for tivo?