Should I Netflix Scrubs?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sushikitten, Jan 13, 2006.

Should I add Scrubs to my queue?

1. Yes, post haste.

54 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No, not necessary.

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    So I know Scrubs is very well-liked, but I am just wondering how well liked. Meaning, should I add old seasons to my Netflix queue to start watching? I guess this is Season 5 coming up, but Netflix only has Seasons 1 and 2, so it might be awhile before Seasons 3 and 4 are out.

I still have Family Guy and Arrested Development to catch up on, so this would be the third series in my queue.

So, yes or no?

2. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Definitly. While I don't suppose you need all of the backstory to just enjoy the show, it does help to know what's happened between J.D. and Elliot, Cox and J.D., Carla and Turk, etc etc.

There's a lot of good comedy there too so it's not a bad Netflix rental :)

3. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    The latest EW gave it a great review, which is why I bring it up here. There's just SO many shows I need to catch up on!!

4. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    IMO this is one of the best comedies that's ever been on TV. I would really encourage you to watch it. AD is another of the best comedies ever. I'd probaly put them as my top 2 (alright, top 3, with Seinfeld).

Scrubs is quirky, very funny, and has great heart. They are really great and balancing funny and sad/touching in the same episode.

5. mdsutherland

mdsutherland Act Accordingly

Feb 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    I just Netflixed them last month and couldn't believe what I was missing out on. Great show and the first to season were perfect. I then went and downloaded season 3 and 4.

6. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    You left out the option for "I should be punched in the face 4 or 5 times for not already having seen it" ;)

7. jurysch

jurysch Ever-negative

May 18, 2005
    Allen, TX
    I certainly wouldn't argue you need to see the first two seasons for any real backstory, but there's loads of great comedy in there. I started watching with season 2 and was pleased to go back and watch most of season 1. Actually still have a few episodes left to watch, sort of hanging on for a rainy day so to speak. :up:

8. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    It's a wonderful show, and one of my absolute favorites, although I don't deny that your sense of humor probably needs to run a certain way to "get" the show. In its own way, Scrubs is one of the more ambitious shows going, in that it embraces (adeptly) comedy both high and low; often packs more emotional punch than many dramas ever do (see Brendan Fraser's last appearance for a prime example); and lets it characters grow and change in their lives as the show goes on, rather than keeping them static. Definitely give it a try!

9. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Okay then, it's in my queue!

10. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    it's a great comedy with a fair amount of touching drama mixed in (and done so well), so watching it is a great way to save time. It's two shows in one!

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Love this about netflix, I just put Buffy in my Que, I've never watched an episode, but have seen a few "Angel" episodes so will see what Buffy is about.

You will like scrubs

12. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    [quick hijack]

FORGET everything you saw on Angel...

Buffy is the greatest show ever.

[/quick hijack]

13. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    I did, and enjoyed the first season immensely. The first disk from the second season should be in my mailbox today.

14. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Tivomaniac

Jan 25, 2002
    Greensboro, NC
    Most definitely. I'm not a die-hard Scrubs fan, but I watch it semi-regularly and it's a very funny show. A little quirky, but in a very good way. Well worth a rental.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Jen, you should definitely be watching Scrubs. It's a wonderful comedy, has the occasional touching moment, and great characters. You'll love it!!

16. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    The world would be a better place if everyone watched Scrubs.

17. audioscience

audioscience OG Lurker

Feb 10, 2005
    New England
    Family Guy, AD and Scrubs are my top 3 sitcoms so definately!