Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dgbretz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. dgbretz

dgbretz New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    I've had a S3 Tivo for 2.5 mos now originally hooked up for OTA for about a week and then switched to FIOS. Connected through wired ethernet. Absolutely no problems that I can remember.

However, this weekend, a message popped up that said I only had 3 days of program info left due to no network connection. Sure enough, the ethernet port appeared to be dead. I doublechecked the connection with a laptop and it worked fine. Also, the lights on the Tivo's ethernet jack were off (even when connected with a live connection).

So I had resigned myself to trying to decide between spending $50 to get a replacement and spending $50 to try and see if a wireless adapter would work (so as to not have reconfigure everything on a refurb unit).

But this morning I had the bright idea (duh) to power cycle the box and, magically, the network connection worked.

So assuming the connection is still good to go the next few days, should I be worried that I have a flaky ethernet port and/or motherboard in my Tivo?

2. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    no, don't be worried. operating systems sometimes need rebooting.
    --
    Alan :D