Shipped 4k return yesterday and Tivo sent email

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by schatham, May 19, 2020.

1. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Saying they credited my credit card. That was fast. It's still shipping. I sent my second one back today. Lets see if this refund is as fast.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    That's how Amazon works now too. It's tied to the tracking number somehow. As soon as the shipping company scans the return label they process the refund.

I've heard that some people take advantage of this by shipping back empty boxes or ones filled with dirt or rocks equal to the weight of the original item.

3. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    I spoke to soon. The second Tivo is showing shipment exception. States this, Package received after final location pickup has occurred. Scheduled for pickup next business day. It's at the FedEx first location after pick up, not ready for delivery.

Maybe they need to have the ground shipping department take it. I noticed the first one went to a different location after pick up that handles ground shipping.

4. cybergrimes

cybergrimes Legend

Jun 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    It doesn't appear to be so well automated if you refuse the delivery.
    I had refused one of the Stream's at delivery, the return was received 5/14 and today I still have no acknowledgement or refund from TiVo.
    Chat rep said 7-10 business days or some such, I'll just wait it out until Monday then give them a call...

5. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    My second one is now shipping, the exception is gone, but no notice of payment like the first one.

6. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    Second returned delivered and accepted, but no email or anything about a refund like the first one.

7. cybergrimes

cybergrimes Legend

Jun 14, 2015
    Minnesota
    Did you pay return shipping on these yourself? Did you get a full refund on the first one?
    I had to call TiVo so they could open an RMA on the unit I refused, otherwise I guess they just weren't going to bother doing anything even though they had it.
    That was 2 days ago, today I got an email stating I was getting a refund for "$40.4" which I can't figure out. I checked the return policy and apparently "Orders that are refused at the designated shipping address may incur a 15% restocking fee." but 15% of the $49.99 would be more like $7.50... I don't even know if I want to deal with them to figure it out.

edit: I tried chat who claimed it was because I had returned it more than 15 days since service activation. That made no sense of course and when pushed they told me to call customer support. So I made the call, they said refund is for full purchase price and couldn't account for the email. I guess I'll wait to see what is credited to my account...

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  8. schatham

Mar 17, 2007
    I had an RMA authorization and prepaid shipping label. My first one refunded the full amount.

cybergrimes likes this.
  9. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Do we have 15 or 30 days to return these? I bought mine day one and looking to return