Shark (and presumably all other CBS shows)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by newsposter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I guess it's football time again. I started watching shark last night and saw i missed 10 minutes of it. So add to all your sunday shows' SPs as I assume CBS has football all season.

anyone know offhand if shark is on cbs' site?

2. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    This was on after Cold Case right? I recorded CC from 9-10 EDT and got it all. It started on time and ended on time. Weird since I'm the same time zone as you. Maybe your local affiliate did something?

Actually, did you have a 1 or 4PM game on CBS on Sunday? I had a 1PM game.

3. zand94

zand94 Member

May 20, 2002
    Central PA
    I had the same problem as the OP - not sure about which NFL game it was but the game ran over about 10-15 minutes. Cold Case started late and thus Shark started late. I recorded CC as a one off and started watching it around 930 and saw what was happening - went in and added 30 min to my Shark season pass and then had no problems - yet had to watch the ending of CC on the Shark recording.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000
    Always pad an hour during football season.

5. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    is it just CBS? I dont follow football. I do know fox has their show finally so that is usually ok

6. MountainMan41

MountainMan41 Skyrim Mage

Feb 28, 2005
    Oregon
    There is a very simple solution to the problem.
    Move to the West Coast ;)
    Not Oregon, though. We fenced up our boarders years ago. But Californians get through from time to time.

7. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    This will only happen if you have a 4:00 PM CBS game scheduled in your area and will almost always happen to CBS because of 60 Minutes being scheduled at 7:00 PM.

Fox isn't nearly as prone to this because they schedule a football post game show to run from the end of the last 4:00 game to 8:00 PM.

8. GerryGag

GerryGag New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Something I noticed earlier this week...60 Minutes is scheduled to start at 7:30 this Sunday, with Cold Case scheduled for 8:00PM.

I am in CT, and CBS does have a late NFL game.

9. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    CBS.com is showing 60 min from 7:30-9 and Cold Case at 9 PM. Interesting as 60 min will need a new title this week.

10. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Eastern and Central time zones only.

Mountain and Pacific are getting a special 2 hour 60 Minutes.

I do believe previous statements by me about Mountain time zone being immune to football overruns will be proven wrong this week.

Game is scheduled to end at 5:30 MDT, it will go over that mark.
    If it goes past 6pm, we are supposed to air the 2 hour 60 Minutes in it's entirety, then slide the rest of the night.

I'd say a half hour pad is in order for Cold Case and Shark, unless you record them both, then just pad Shark a half hour.

phox