Shanan + Fear Factor = Awesome!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Turtleboy, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale

Advertisements

:)

Actually, I don't care about Fear Factor that much, but it was still cool to see.

Good job, Shanan. :)

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    umm, a few more details please. What episode? What original air date ? etc..

3. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    :eek:

How did I miss this? I recall her asking us about the show some time ago, but don't remember what the details were.

4. TiVoShanan

TiVoShanan The TiVo Spokesgal

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    Whoa! You guys beat me to it. Here's what I was writing up and you posted before I could! Actually I wnated to post a couple of days ago, but had some "real life" upsets.... Sorry for the delay. Do not like disappointing my TiVo peeps. :(

Okay, so I have a little surprise for you: a mini-show made especially for TiVo subscribers—available now on TiVo Central!

Back in August, Fear Factor’s executive producer Matt Kunitz called me with an invitation I couldn’t refuse: an exclusive two-day, behind-the-scenes visit to get the first-look at some of the new season’s scream-worthy scenarios.

We also unearthed (ahem) some fascinating “little-did-you-knows” (even for the non-Fear Factor fan -- THANK YOU to all the TiVo Community friends who suggested great questions!!) and my word, did we ever talk TiVo.

So join me in the premiere episode of “TiVo Takes On… ” as I take you on a twisted tour de fright through the “backstage” labyrinth of one of the longest running and most successful reality series ever. And don’t worry—we have plenty of TiVo fun along the way!

Don’t be scared (Well… if you have a really squeamish tummy, maybe you don’t want to watch, but I was 100% fine when I was there and I usually can’t watch an episode myself!): Select the menu item on TiVo Central that says “TiVo Takes On… FEAR!”

And stay tuned for what TiVo takes on next.

5. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale

Advertisements

What kind of detail do people want? It was right there on my main Tivo Central Screen this morning.

6. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Well since it is not on my TC menu yet that would have been the detail I needed to know where to look for it ;)

7. Thaed

Thaed Who?

Nov 25, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    /goes to watch...

Hmmm, I don't have it either. Let's try forcing a connect.

8. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

some of have jobs and have to go to work in the morning and can't sit down and watch their TiVos. :rolleyes:

:p
    :D

9. Nfuego

Nfuego Finally-My ugly mug

Sep 27, 2004
    Springfield,...
    I don't think I have seen it on mine...

Or just haven't paid attention!!!

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Will this be coming to us poor DirecTV TiVo owners?

Probably not!

11. TiVoShanan

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    It should have JUST popped up this morning.
    NOT a yellow star promo. It'll show up in the middle with a little TiVo logo next to it.

And ... unfortunately, I don't think it's going to DIRECTV boxes.

That whole "you're their customer, not ours" thing.
    Grrr.

12. Turtleboy

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Was the video downloaded, or recorded late at night off of Teleworld?

13. etsolow

etsolow Don't Try

Feb 8, 2001
    Wisconsin
    "Grrr." is right.

/checks his watch. Is the CableCard Tivo out yet??

14. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    you should really think about making this (and future episodes) a video Podcast.

Really, you should. There are people out there who would love to see it. :)

15. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    As a Fear Factor fan (not to mention I'm convinced I can beat these pansies in any water stunt) I dug the featurette. I also thought this was Shanan's best performance yet!

Not that anyone asked but I have a suggestion for future "TiVo Takes On..." installments - It ended somewhat abruptly... how about re-running the opening animation or creating another one... at the very least give me more time to hit the Thumbs Up button. By the time I grabbed the remote, I was back at the menu.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if this thing was advertising TiVo or Fear Factor but I enjoyed it regardless. These types of bits and movie trailers I'll watch all day and night. No more car commercials though. ;)

16. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Didnt show up in my TC but I found it in showcases, as GO BEHIND THE SCENES then when u select that it says TiVo Takes On...Fear! above....

good stuff

edit: was it ever answered? dl'd or tivo'd? my quality doesnt seem that great...
    to add to dave's suggestions...why not make it like its a show i recorded? sure its only 10 min long but if i want to check somthing else out and i leave it halfway through then go back in it starts all over...maybe just start where i left it, or maybe some markers that i can jump to?

still good stuff

17. TiVoShanan

Jun 13, 2002
    San...
    REally great feedback, you guys.
    Keep it coming.
    Looking forward to evolving this to something VERY TiVo and more fun!

I'm sure you could tell the FF guys were definitely into it and the producer was sure other shows would love to have us on, too!

I think it was Teleworld, but I'm not positive. I don't know all the workings behind the TiVo scenes, apparently, ha!

18. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Not on my TiVo..

:( :(

Is this a Series 2 (stand alone) only thing? It's either that, or my TiVo was busy recording something else when the Teleworld thing came on.

I'm really bummed out. :(

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Looks like a Teleworld recording to me.
    And since that seems to be Pax in my area, it could look better. (I think that Adelphia over compresses Pax).

It wasn't on my Series 1 but was on my Series 2.
    Interesting segment and I don't even like Fear Factor. Of course, the fact that it was at the Bates Motel set at Universal does add to the appeal.

Of course, now I realize that Shanan was in LA and didn't even want to have dinner with the peeps. :(

(Probably out doing the town with Joe Rogan, grumble, grumble, grumble)

;)

20. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I noticed a Teleworld program was scheduled to air on Discovery last night so on a whim I set a recording. The Fear Factor program was one of the clips that aired.

Interestingly, none of the Teleworld content made into my TiVo's Showcases menu. One of the clips was TV Guide's "Watch This" and I haven't seen that on the TiVo for months...