"Shades of Blue"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by getreal, Feb 21, 2016.

1. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I haven't seen any threads on "Shades of Blue" so I figured I'd start one here.

This is the show featuring Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta, and is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest, and is somewhat reminiscent of "The Shield".

I've been binge watching this weekend as I was curious about it since it began, but had not gotten into watching until now.

It is surprisingly good! Jennifer is scrumptious (she's 46 but looks like she's 30) in every shot and her acting is very good (except that she is too sexy 100% of the time for a detective)! Ray Liotta is amazing, as I expected, and the rest of the cast does a great job as well. There are particular twists to some characters (well, one that really stands out) which were completely unexpected but well done.

I've gotten through the first seven episodes so far and look forward to the next one.

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I believe I'm through five eps, and I am really enjoying this as well. Just haven't been visiting TCF as much as I used to.

3. Eddie501

Eddie501 Member

Jun 4, 2004
    I have been really enjoying this as well. And I almost skipped because i thought it was going to be one of those procedural cop shows that network TV churns out by the dozens. But it's not that at all. This has become my favorite new show of the season.

4. connie_w

connie_w Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 9, 2015
    I enjoy this show, as well. I had such a lack of confidence in this show that for the first few episodes I didn't set a Onepass for it and actually missed one episode, then watched it on the website and suffered through the forced commercials. It's one of the best performances of Ray Liotta's career, IMO.

5. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I've watched 3 or 4 episodes and like it pretty well, but I'm behind. J-Lo is really a good actress, which women as hot as her often are not. ;)

6. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I saw J-Lo on Fallon. They did the usual short excerpt. It was really good. It spurred an interest in the show. That and the posts in this thread are enough for me to track down and try and watch the first few episodes.

(Hello IP torrents)

7. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Love this show.

8. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    J-Lo is beeyouteeful. That's enough for me to keep watching, besides the story being pretty good, too.

9. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Had to use RevolutionTT. Nothing on IP Torrents.

10. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I like it too, for many of the same reasons as above. Also not a fan of the Cop show procedural, but this is definitely different. Some things are a bit far fetched, but it's TV after all.

11. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    It's pretty good. I like Liotta a lot more than Lopez and if it was cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't really be upset, but I'll keep watching.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I watched at least one episode.. Maybe 2.. I definitely like Lopez, but it just couldn't hook me, esp since I record way more than I can watch already. Heck, I liked "Colony" way better than this, but even that I decided to kill the OP for.

13. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I just started watching a couple of weeks ago. Got caught up today. OMG does this show have a lot of layers and twists and turns. And the acting is top-notch IMO. :up:

14. connie_w

connie_w Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 9, 2015
    I agree. It's a whole lot better than I ever thought it would be. Goodness gracious this latest episode was wild and had quite the ending.

15. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I think it was the second to last episode that I really liked, kept on thinking of Frankenstein. But the final episode just didn't click for me, not terrible, just over anticipated that it would be like.

16. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Ray Liotta has proved his acting chops more than once on this show.

17. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    His role reminds me of the serial killer in "The Fall". On the one hand he's a criminal, on the other he really cares about people.

18. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    What a great first season! I am so impressed with Jennifer Lopez' acting chops! Glad it got the green light for a second season.

19. loubob57

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    We gotta find out what happens next. More than one cliff-hanger here. :)

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Are we allowed spoilers in this thread? Just in case we aren't...

I admit to not always paying full attention here. Someone explain to me what sorta happened? Was Harlee playing both the FBI and Woz and was in with in on the heist from the beginning? Was she actually in with Woz and not the FBI? And was Stahl playing her by sleeping with her to get what he wanted? I guess I should go back and watch the last couple of episodes and pay attention!