SF Bay Area Comcast new HD

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by aforkosh, Nov 26, 2008.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA

Advertisements

Comcast has added HD channels in most of the San Francisco Bay Area, but they are still not listed in Zap2it or Tivo. In particular, FX HD is now available on HD at 741. If you have HD, you might want to set up a manual recording for the Sons of Anarchy finale on 11-26 there (scheduled for 90 minutes). Here is a current list of HD channels for Hayward (I think most other Bay Area Comcast set ups match it):

Here's the new HD lineup as of 11/25/08 (Hayward)

700 HDOD - HD on Demand
    701 HDOD2 - Free HD on Demand Movies
    702 KTVUD - FOX HD
    703 DKNTV - NBC HD
    704 KROND - My KRON (My Network TV) HD
    705 KPIXD - CBS HD
    706 KICUD - Tv36 HD
    707 KGOHD - ABC HD
    709 KQEDH - PBS HD
    712 KBCWD - CW HD
    720 CSNHD - Comcast SportsNet HD
    722 VS/GLF - Versus/Golf HD
    724 ESPND - ESPN HD
    725 ES2HD - ESPN2 HD
    730 NFLHD - NFL Network HD
    731 SPDHD - Speed Network HD
    733 BRVOD - Bravo HD
    734 A&EHD - A&E HD
    735 TBSHD - TBS HD
    736 SFHD - SCIFI HD
    737 TNTHD - TNT HD
    738 USAHD - USA HD
    739 UDH - Universal HD
    740 MOJHD - MOJO HD
    741 FXHD - FX HD
    743 PLDHD - Palladia HD (MTV, VH1, CMT)
    745 QVCHD - QVC HD
    746 HGTVD - HGTV HD
    747 FOODHD - Food Network HD
    749 HALLD - Hallmark HD
    750 DSCHD - Discovery HD
    751 APHD - Animal Planet HD
    752 TLCHD - The Learning Channel HD
    753 EHD - E! HD
    754 HDT - Discovery HD Theater
    756 SCIHD - Discovery Science HD
    757 NGCHD - National Geographic HD
    758 HISTD - History HD
    759 CNNHD - CNN HD
    760 FNCHD - Fox News HD
    761 FBNHD - Fox Business News
    762 CNBCHD - CNBC HD
    769 AMCHD - AMC HD
    764 FAMHD - ABC Family HD
    765 DISHD - Disney HD
    766 TOOND - Cartoon Network HD
    770 HBOHD - HBO HD
    775 ENC1H - Encore HD
    780 SZ1Hw - Starz HD
    785 SHOHD - Showtime HD
    792 MXHDW - Cinemax HD

2. mportuesi

mportuesi As seen on TV

Nov 10, 2002
    San...
    Thanks for the heads-up. From Comcast San Francisco, we seem to be getting the same channel lineup. Bravo HD and Cartoon Network HD are welcome additions.

3. neonzebra

neonzebra New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    San Jose. CA
    Any idea how long TiVo usually takes to get new channel info?

4. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I'm in Cupertino and so far we don't have many of those channels yet. Some are a very welcome addition. With this lineup, I think every single channel I watch regularly would now be an "HD" channel. This is good stuff. Can't wait to get them here. :up:

5. ghuido

ghuido New Member

May 8, 2007

Advertisements

It looks like there is an update for the Philadelphia Network as well. I noticed USA and SciFI HD. I had to manually add it to the Channel List. TIVO has no programming information for it so it looks like TIVO does not know about the lineup change. I'll check Bravo and Cartoon NEtwork. Any idea when TIVO will do the lineup update?

6. Dec 1, 2008 #6 of 61
    rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I noticed these over the weekend when I was deselecting a channel in setup and noticed a bunch of hd channels available but not "channels I receive" - selected them and now see activity, but they are listed as ????

My guess is that they are testing the new channels for signal strength in anticipation of a rollout soon.

Of course FXHD becomes available AFTER the finale of The Shield and Sons of Anarchy!

7. Dec 1, 2008 #7 of 61
    sanfran_michael

sanfran_michael One of the Lucky 200

Jun 22, 2005
    Comcast actually launched the new channels last Tuesday. Funny that nearly a week later, TiVo still hasn't updated their guide information to have the new channels. You'd think they'd do if faster given that their HQ is in the Bay Area. Anyone from TiVo reading this? I'd really LOVE to be able to record Top Chef in HD without doing a manual time/channel recording, and I've been waiting quietly for a week now.

8. Dec 1, 2008 #8 of 61
    bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I live in Cupertino and I have two TiVo boxes and 1 Comcast DVR. The channel line up is the same on all three boxes. So either they haven't rolled out the new channels to my area yet or they haven't even updated their OWN boxes yet!

I happen to know the folks in Palo Alto have the new channels because I saw them at my BIL's house over Thxgiving. So I guess the bottom line is, Comcast hasn't rolled out the new HD Channels to ALL customers YET. I sure as hell hope they do it soon because some of those channels I watch on a regular basis.

9. Dec 1, 2008 #9 of 61
    sanfran_michael

Jun 22, 2005
    The funny thing is that Comcast very publicly announced that they entire Bay Area would get the new channels on the 25th (http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6615591.html), which is exactly when I got them. But to see them on my TiVo's (I have three), I had to go into the channel list settings and add them manually. You might want to try the same.

So now, I can actually see the channels, but the guide information is either ???? or "To be Announced."

Chances are that you do have the new channels, but your TiVo just doesn't know yet.

10. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Not sure how "publicly" Comcast added the channels, but the new crop of HD isn't showing at comcast.com in my lineup, and I received no notice. Looks like someone jumped the gun and told multichannel a bogus start date.

11. sanfran_michael

Jun 22, 2005
    Me neither. It's not on comcast.com, and I've received no notice. But alas I have them. I wouldn't have known unless I went into the settings and added them to my lineup.

It's intersting that a number of media outlets said they would add the channels on the 25th. My guess is that Comcast is having problems with the rollout.

12. sanfran_michael

Jun 22, 2005
    Try it:

Messages and Setup-->Settings-->Channels-->Channel List. Then go up about 730. You'll see you have unknown channels at 731, 733, 741, 745, 749, 753, 760, 761, 762 and 775. In my case, I can even see Cartoon Network HD at 766 (but with no guide information). I wouldn't have known I had these channels unless I manually went to the settings and selected them. So, you may have the new channels but TiVo doesn't know yet.

13. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah, that's how I found them as well. Good to have them. Better when the guide data starts showing up.

14. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    No such luck for me. I'm on my laptop and looking at my "Channel List" right now. It doesn't have a single one of the channels you listed above. It's also not on their website for my area either (Cupertino 95014). I guess we're out of luck here for awhile longer. :(

15. sanfran_michael

Jun 22, 2005
    Quick update... TiVo guide finally has the new channels in San Francisco. Bob, hope they show up soon in Cuper.

16. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    They showed up today. BravoHD still isn't working and I don't get SpeedHD either. Not sure if Speed is subscription though... Still, much better than yesterday! Now if they can get me SPIKEHD I'll be all set. :D

17. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I see all those channels and the lineups as well. One last channel is 723, no lineup yet, but had a sports blooper like show on it when I checked it out. Is that Spike?

18. bareyb

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    That sounds like Versus. Spike is channel 45 on regular TV. It's available in some areas but apparently not here yet.

19. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Definitely Versus - I watched a bit longer last night till a commercial came on with a network id. Oh well, maybe they'll replace the blank mojohd with Spike.

20. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    As the thread starter, I should note that the new HD channels showed up on my TiVo listings today. I am in Oakland.