Several Season Passes Not Recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Resist, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I have had several of my season passes not getting recorded. The To Do list doesn't show future episodes to record. These are new season shows, which I have the season passes set as first run. The only way I found to fix the issue was to delete them and set the season pass up again.

This is very annoying because I have over 30 season passes and don't always notice in time that they haven't been recorded. I missed the first 6 episodes of one of my shows due to this issue before catching it. Thank goodness most networks let you view pass season episodes online.

So why is my Series 3 Tivo doing this?

2. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I've had this happen too. The season pass had the correct channel, but refused to cause any recordings to happen. The only solution was to recreate the season pass and delete the old one.

3. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    The whole point of doing a Season Pass, is so my shows would be recorded and I don't have to worry about missing them. But apparently now I have to worry about them and make sure I know when my shows will be aired and should be recorded.

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    [​IMG]

5. kmcorbett

kmcorbett New Member

Dec 7, 2002
    Newton MA
    I've leased a series of Comcast DVRs since my AT&T and Toshiba Tivos died. I'm on my 4th Comcast, all of them have had the same problem. Comcast can't find a proper solution. Restarting the DVR sometimes gets things working again for a while. (I posted details in the basically moribund Comcast DVR forum.)

I doubt your Series 3 and my Comcast DVRs are having the same underlying issue. I posted this mostly to say I feel your pain. A DVR that misses recordings is worse than no DVR at all.

6. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    This starting happening again to some of my other shows now. This issue is really starting to piss me off! If I have to keep track of all my shows, I might as well manually record them. Tivo please fix this issue!

7. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Have you contacted TiVo?