Setup idea for Premiere and On Demand?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by teachastro, Jul 31, 2011.

1. teachastro

teachastro New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Up until yesterday, we had a tivo series 2 split with a Comcast (standard definition) cable box, all connected to an old standard-def tv. The TV died and we just got a new HDTV and I was trying to figure out how to use a Tivo Premiere (so I can see and record HD video) and Comcast Xfinity On Demand.

I was wondering if this could work: Can I purchase a Tivo Premiere and contact Comcast about getting one of their M-Cards for the Tivo.. and attach it to the HDTV in the straight forward way. BUT, could I keep the standard def box and use the other split cable to connect it to another TV input? I know the On Demand wouldn't be in high def, but that's not a big deal. I was just wondering if you thought this configuration would be possible.

Thanks for your time!

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Yes, that would work. I just recommended this to someone in another thread. If you wanted OD in HD, you could swap out your current SD box for an HD one.

3. teachastro

teachastro New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Great, thanks for the info! A quick fear popped into my head, will splitting the cable prevent (or reduce) an HD signal? Do I need to buy a special kind of splitter (I think the one I use today is several years old). Thanks again!