Setting up tivo in Canada

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by aim2bdifferent, Nov 24, 2006.

1. aim2bdifferent

aim2bdifferent New Member

Nov 24, 2006

Advertisements

Hi,
    I live in Canada and just got a series 2 toshiba rs-tx20. I tried to set up through a land line, and although the line was connected, everytime the system tried to dial, I got a 'failed connection' error message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2. Clarkey

Clarkey We Get Signal

Dec 29, 2004
    Canada
    I use the "DirecTiVo" flavour of TiVo so I can't directly help. Have you tried searching the forums? There are a number of very knowledgeable Canadians who post here and have the TiVo service. Good luck!

3. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I am guessing because that 800 number that your TiVo tried to dial, is not available in Canada. Can you bring it to USA and upload the server package then bring it back home and then use Highspeed Ethernet for it ?

I *may* be wrong..

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  5. aim2bdifferent

aim2bdifferent New Member

Nov 24, 2006

Advertisements

Thanks for the help Clarkey, jtlytle and JimSpence. Looks like I'll have to buy a wired adapter, dial in through my cable internet, and cross my fingers that it works for the initial guided setup. Pray for me (kidding) and please let me know if you come across any 11th hour, save-my-life, nick-of-time (yeah I know, I'm laying it on thick), miraculous tips or tricks.