1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Up Favorites on a Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Ken Stovall, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Ken Stovall

Ken Stovall New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    When I first got my Tivo Bolt and 2 Mini's I had found out how to setup my favorites on both Mini's that could be different than my Tivo Bolt BUT now I can not remember how to do it?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks !

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A Mini can have fewer channels than its host but not more. If the host shows My Channels/Channel List the Mini can select Favorites. If the host is set to Favorites, the Mini has no control. I tested this on TE3, but it should be the same on Hydra.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    This would be new and different functionality than what I've been familiar with.

The My Channels and Favorites channel lists have only been customizable on the host DVR, with each device allowed to select which list is active independently ... with the painful caveat mentioned by @JoeKustra, and also detailed in an older thread, here:
    ... though I haven't tested, lately, whether this has been fixed, or if a similar limitation exists in the new Hydra interface (the old thread related to the pre-Hydra UI).

4. Ken Stovall

Ken Stovall New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Thanks for the information, I will check it out....now that I think about it...that is most likely what I had to do in the past....I knew it was a kinda weird setup.

JoeKustra likes this.
  5. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    It was fixed (the Bolt constraints) as soon as I moved to Hydra. Dunno if they fixed it in the older interface... but I doubt it.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Ok, color me impressed. I just applied power to my Mini VOX. It has the same control of the guide as its host. Both are using RC19. Host is a Roamio OTA.

update: one big difference. The Mini can't declare a channel a Favorite. So it still needs the host to make the decisions.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018