Set-up Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by scsiguy72, Jul 6, 2011.

1. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy

Advertisements

I have an Onkyo SR-607 receiver that has a feature called Zone 2 on it. Zone 2 will let me have another pair of speakers in another room and I can have a different source. (to play music on zone 2 and watch TV in main room)

Problem is I stream music on my Tivo HD and want to hear it on Zone 2. Zone 2 only works with analog connections and my Tivo is HDMI.

Question:

If I keep my HDMI connection as is to the Tivo to receiver and use analog connection on back of Tivo to go to unused input source on Onkyo, will TIVO work OK?

If so I can work out the Onkyo issue.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I believe all outlets are active simultaneously so it should work.
    If the analog output doesn't work, try the optical output.

3. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    OK That worked. I should have looked at the back before I asked, because I forgot I am doing the same basic thing for my Slingbox. I have a permanent connection going to it also.

One thing that is not working right, for some reason I am only getting audio. (That's all I want anyway, but I will probably try to fix it when I get a chance)

I am connected by Yellow/Red/White wires to the satellite port of my receiver. Sound is fine, but no picture.

4. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    How do you have your receiver connected to the TV? Assuming it is HDMI, then unless your receiver can convert the analog and put it out over HDMI to the TV, you will need to also connect it via composite(yellow cable) and select that as the source.