Set up and scan help required

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by fiereo1988gt, Sep 5, 2011.

1. fiereo1988gt

fiereo1988gt New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I have had my Tivo for about 2 years now and all has been well. I live in the Toronto Canada area. I have always used a Buffalo zip code in my set up and all worked well. Now that Canada has switched to all digital I needed to do a new channel scan. Now my problem is that local channels from Toronto went missing after the scan. The channel number is on the screen but I can't get any signal. I think it is looking for the same channel number fron the buffalo area rather than my local Toronto number. How can I imput my local postal code rather than a buffalo zip code?? Am I on the right track or is something else wrong??
    Thanks fiero1988gt

2. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    What model Tivo do you have? What is your program source? OTA(antenna), I presume?

I'm in the US, but the last time I did a guided set up, it started out by asking if I was in the US or Canada(I believe).

Have you considered rerunning guided set up?

3. fiereo1988gt

fiereo1988gt New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I have the Tivo 3 HD. I only use OTA and could get about 36 channels but with loosing all of my Toronto channels I now only get about 30 channels. Last night I did another complete scan and found how to change the zip code to a Canadian Postal code. I changed to my proper local postal code from the Buffallo zip code which I had been useing. I did a scan and now instead of getting a station number with a blank screen saying no signal it didn't even put these local stations into my channel list. What is crazy is that the Buffallo stations which are about 75 miles away everything is perfect but my local stations which are about 30 miles away I now can't get.

4. fiereo1988gt

fiereo1988gt New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Still don't know what else to try. Should I phone Tivo for advice??

5. fiereo1988gt

fiereo1988gt New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Is there anyway I can enter a station number on Tivo and force it to go there?

6. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, try calling Tivo customer service.