Set top box functions

Discussion in 'TiVo NZ/Australia' started by frozzbite, Jun 19, 2010.

1. frozzbite

frozzbite New Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Australia
    Which brands of High Def STB do you know of that have functions that allow you to both set a time for automatic channel changes and will also allow you to manually set times for automatic channel changes.
    I could do this on my Standard Def Healing STB which was very good for recording consecutive programmes on different channels and to be able to set times that could alleviate the ongoing problem of stations deliberately running programs overtime.
    But I have just brought home an Olin HD STB Model HVBT-3400 and am very disappointed to find out that instead of having the same or better capabilities than the Healing,it is woefully inadequate in timer settings.
    These Olin HD STB's are currently being sold for $50 in Joyce Mayne.
    The salesman told me how they were their top selling STB.
    He said they had sold over 500 and had never had a complaint,.,.,.,well,I am definitely going to complain and go and get an exchange or a refund.

2. petestrash

petestrash New Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Perth,...
    I don't understand what you are asking, they seem to be the same thing?

Does this have anything to do with TiVo?

Peter.

3. frozzbite

frozzbite New Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Australia
    G'day Peter,.,basically I'm saying that as well as using a set time for recording a stations set program time,ie, News at 6 would automatically be set for 6 to 6.30.
    But because it might run overtime I want to set a manual time for about 35 minutes.
    I could do this with the Healing Standard STB and I assumed this type of recording function would be the same on all STB'S.
    But the first HD STB I have bought,an OLIN HVTB-3400 CAN'T EVEN CHANGE CHANNELS AT A SET TIME.,.,WOWWWWWW!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    PS,.,it doesn't have anything to do with my tivo.