Set recordings over web problem

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by simbeav, Mar 25, 2011.

1. simbeav

simbeav New Member

Mar 14, 2005

Advertisements

Anybody else having problems setting recordings from the Virgin web site ? Everything was OK until they changed the MyVirgin web site, but from Monday I do not get the record option any more if I click on programme on the TV guide on Virgin's web site.

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Same here - the recording option seems to have been removed.

3. Meng

Meng New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Bristol,...
    Me neither.

Well it was good while it lasted ...

4. simbeav

simbeav New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I shouldn't be, but I'm relieved. The thought of trying to get an individual problem of this sort fixed over the phone was not one I wanted to contemplate - Strange that I've seen no mention of it on here, DS or CF. I thought that it would be a well used feature.

5. swanny

swanny New Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Farnborough,...

Advertisements

I have used it a few times but like you no longer get the option. :(

6. sjp

sjp Active Member

Oct 22, 2001
    London, UK
    glad it's not just me, thought it might have died when i went to FF 4

7. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Perhaps it'll come back someday. Hopefully in an improved version.

8. deshepherd

deshepherd New Member

Nov 30, 2000
    Bristol, UK
    assume it will as if you hover next to the signin/signout button above the listings it tells you that if you have a TiVo you can schedule recordings remotely.

Think someone else has mentioned this in another thread but VM do seem to be "updating" they're login system at the moment so its possible that somethings got unexpectedly "unplugged" during the move!

9. Digital Fanatic

Digital Fanatic Virgin Media Staff

Feb 16, 2011
    we currently have a fault with TiVo Remote Record guys. The Team are working on the fix.

10. Zaichik

Zaichik New Member

Mar 21, 2002
    Hell on Earth
    Will this fix the problem with the mobile version, where you get a message saying that you don't have an active TiVo box, as well?

11. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    London, England
    Apparently both things are related and both will be "up and running again very soon" according to a post on the VM forum

12. MrHoggie

MrHoggie New Member

Feb 18, 2011
    insider info :)

they are trying to get the online record function working across all platforms.
    this is taking longer than it should. but they would have had to keep shutting it down and opening it again for each platform over many weeks. so better to shut it down for a couple weeks than have loads of up and downs over a few months.:D

don't ask me who or how, my lips are sealed:p

13. alextegg

alextegg Tall Member

May 21, 2002
    Kingston...
    It only worked 3 out of 6 times when I tried to use it.

Got home to 3 out of 6 of the six nations games I missed instead of all 6 :(

And no way of telling until I got home which were recorded, because the messages of successful record are on the TiVo, not on the web interface :(

Hopefully we will soon get an interface that gives a real time view of our TiVo schedule and allow recording selection :)

14. simbeav

simbeav New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    If it ever comes back again, make sure that you fill in the "region" drop down box on the web page. I got caught out by that originally. If you don't set that it will record channels like National Geographic, Sky Sports etc. OK, but the old terrestrial channels come up with a "you do not receive this channel" type message.

15. richard_hamblen

richard_hamblen New Member

Nov 7, 2002
    Kingston...
    mines not working either.
    when i rang the tivo support team on saturday they said it should be up sometime this week.

16. simbeav

simbeav New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    The option to record is back again - Haven't had a chance to check if it works yet though.

17. OzSat

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I sent two programmes to record - but the two things it has added were not the two I sent.

It seems to do the request for the programme after the one you request.

18. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Now I know why I have some unwanted in my upcoming recordings list. :thumbsdown:

19. OzSat

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    You get a TiVo message too.

It is being looked into - it is either the next programme after the one you want - or it hasn't catered for the time change correctly so is the programme showing an hour later.

EDIT: Its the later issue

20. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    That's why a 2 hour programme set ok