Service

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tblanks253, May 20, 2017.

1. tblanks253

tblanks253 New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    I have been a big tivo fan since they started and have multiple tivo's. In the past (from when they started up until a few years ago) I have found service to be nothing less than excellent. This seemed to have changed over the last couple of years. The information by support I have found not to be good and when you point out what is wrong with what they said they just repeat it - over and over. However, most striking has been their attitude. I need to replace some of the older tivos I have but I am starting to think I should just go with Comcast -- at least they seem to try. Anyone else noticing a new less than friendly less than competent tivo team?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are you aware that they were sold to Rovi last year? A lot of things changed with the sale. Most people complain about the guide data, but I've seen an uptick in complaints about phone service as well.

That being said, compared to what is offered by Charter in my area TiVo is still waaaay better so I'm sticking with them. (just bought a new Bolt+)

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I've only spoken with TiVo a few times, pre- and post-Rovi and typically on sales matters. A rash generalization based on that, but I've found my earlier conversations friendly and conversational; my later conversation, with TiVo off-shore support, got the job done but felt more rushed and hurried, as if driven by stats to make sure to get through a certain number of calls per hour (which I assume was the case).