Service Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bgonz1, Nov 1, 2011.

1. bgonz1

bgonz1 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Any idea if Tivo will offer transfer lifetime service again. otherwise it make no sense for me to upgrade.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Nobody knows (the trouble I've seen)..

You do realize there were previous transfers (to S3 & TivoHD)?

3. bgonz1

bgonz1 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I transferred my series 1 to my current HD. I have a Series 2 i'd like to upgrade.

4. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I have 2 tivo series 1s and 2 hdtivo 10-250s, with lifetime when i was with directv when i switched to verizon and bought 2 tivo premiere xls tivo wouldnt let me transfer my lifetime ,or even give me a discount except i paid $399.00 for the second tivo,after paying $499.00 for lifetime on the first one,did i :eek:get screwed by tivo?

5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think the odds are less than zero.
    TiVo did have an offer once to transfer lifetimes from S1 and S2 tivos to get more people to move over to the S3 platform, but I think that was because they wanted to EOL the S1's and S2's as those were soon to be obsolete after the analog to digital transition.

Nope, that is SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) with the MSD (Multi Service Discount).

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Umm, S1s still get support (and I use one as a backup for when the digital channels go wacky)... some of us still get useful channels on analog. Yes, MOSTLY just the OTA channels, but that's what I record the most anyway.

7. bgonz1

bgonz1 New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Well all I can say is that I would upgrade if they gave me a better deal. I see 500$ for premiere elite plus another 400$ for lifetime. 900$ total, they could knock that down a bit more, say around 750$ and I'd do it right now. So I'll just keep my money in my pocket.

8. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Of course, they aren't "bricks" yet. TiVo still allows them to connect to the service and continue to operate, but when was the last time you've seen a software update (the patch for the change in the DST dates doesn't count)? :p

I guess it would be more correct to have said that TiVo wanted to EOL the development for the S1 and S2 platforms.