Service Fees on Roamio Plus

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by steff3, Oct 18, 2015.

1. steff3

steff3 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    I am about to activate a new Roamio Plus I purchased at BB (have had a standard Roamio for 3 weeks) and I don't see an option for an annual plan, only monthly and All in. Am I seeing that correctly? I thought it was 149. yr but it states on Pro and Bolt.

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    You read correctly. The annual plan is only officially available for the Roamio Pro and the Bolt. The Plus is limited to either monthly or "all in" lifetime service. You can try to call in and beg a CSR to let you activate it with yearly service and they might let you, but it's not very likely.

3. steff3

steff3 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    Well now I need to re-think the Xfinity box. @ $10 mo. it is less expensive although there would be one less tuner and less storage....hmmm

4. manhole

manhole Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Do you have an older TiVo so that you can qualify for the $99 lifetime deal on a Roamio Plus? You would have to return your Plus to Best Buy and repurchase directly from TiVo.

5. steff3

steff3 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    I called and tried...she looked but couldn't find my old direct tv account (12 + years ago) and said she asked her sales guy and he said that promo was over anyway She did try tho, without my asking so I believe she gave it a shot.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6. LightningBOLT

LightningBOLT New Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Definitely try again. It is not over.

7. marhil

marhil New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    I was on a chat with TiVo support before I got my Roamio Plus and the rep said I could get the $149.99 annual plan for my Roamio Plus. When I got my Roamio Plus setup, I called Tivo to activate my Plus and they told me the $149.99 annual plan was not available. I told them I had the chat transcript where the rep told me I could get the $149.99 plan. Tivo then told me that they would give me the $149.99 annual plan. They had to charge me $14.99 a month first and said they had to open a trouble ticket to get me the $149.99 annual plan. Checked my account a few days ago, Tivo removed / credited my $14.99 payment and then charged me for $149.99 for an annual plan. My account now says I have an annual plan. You could try telling Tivo that a rep told you beforehand that you could get the annual plan. I did save the transcript but Tivo never asked me for it.

Think it's crazy that the offer the annual plan for Roamio Pro and not for Roamio Plus. It's the exact same piece of equipment except for the size of the hard drive 1TB in Plus vs. 3TB in Pro. Look at the specs for both, exactly the same right down to the physical dimensions of the box. Only difference is the hard drive size.

8. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Nitpick: The other difference is the word "Pro" or "Plus" silkscreened on the front of the TiVo.

9. cpgar11

cpgar11 New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I pay $9.99 per month for service on my Roamio Plus. I called in and purchased my Plus in Feb 2014 directly from Tivo. The CSR I dealt with during this purchase transferred the $9.99 monthly subscription fee that I was paying on a refurbished 2-tuner premiere.

I know this doesn't help your situation but my point is that subscription fees can vary. I also believe that CSR's have some flexibility to help if or when they want. So if a CSR turns you down, I suggest try calling again. Good luck.

10. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Not to mention that you may be able to get the X1 DVR from Comcast free-of-charge for the first year.

If you only have a single TV you're looking to take care of, it's tough to justify the TiVo purchase. Year 2, if/when Comcast stops offering the X1 free or at any discount, or when you want your content available at multiple screens, the equation shifts.

11. steff3

steff3 Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    Yeah, two tv's. Already beyond my return period with BB on the Plus so will stick it out for a couple years with the locked rate from Comcast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk