Server/Desktop hangs w/large DL queue

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by LraeSinned, Sep 9, 2007.

1. LraeSinned

LraeSinned New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I've spent most of the last 2 days trying to determine why my Tivo server was hanging on boot and desktop wouldn't load.

After uninstalling and reinstalling several times, clearing registry entries and such, I found a very simple answer.

I deleted all the links in my Tivo Recordings folder. After doing this and rebooting the server and desktop came right up.

Dropped about 10 links back in and tried to connect from the DVR with no luck. Rebooted and the server hung again (waited 30 minutes).

Removed the links, rebooted, added 1 link and managed to get that single file transferred to the DVR (small video). Added 5 more small files and was able to queue up those transfers.

Adding in a couple of large movie file (800 megs) seems to be a problem. I have cache set to maximum (300 megs) and priority at med-low.

I've downloaded AVI and DivX files before and not really sure what the issue is now. Best I can remember was that I organized some movies into a single Tivo folder and copied over links to the full list (about 25 movies @ 750megs each).

DVR is connected via wireless getting 85%-100% connection rates.

Using XP SP2 with all current patches and AVG current updates.

Have Zone Alarm open for all Tivo apps (except server for internet).

Desktop 2.5 Pro is the first Tivo app I've installed. At this point it's been reinstalled several times.

Thanks in advance for any insite or advice.

Dennis

2. fr33k

fr33k New Member

Dec 15, 2006
    I am having this same issue. I used to convert divx movies to mpeg then use ver 2.3 to share files with three Tivos. I had around 70-80 movies and didn't have any problems streaming or starting the software.

I was excited to see ver 2.5 plus would save me a step by converting the divx for me. But after I pointed to right folder the software now takes about 30 min. to completely start and streaming the files maxes out the CPU and now I have to wait before watching or else I catch up to it. (Wired network)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Otherwise the divx conversion is a joke, better to use a 3rd party converter.

I don't have dual core yet, anyone with dual core try this?