Series3 page up at BestBuy.com

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BriGuy20, Sep 12, 2006.

1. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA

Advertisements

:: Chef ::

GATHER ROUND, CHIL'REN!

:: /Chef ::

Here you go....

EDIT: This link has been taken down due to the hideous customer service given to Best Buy customers (including the author). In the meantime, please visit Circuit City or another retailer instead.

Circuit City link

2. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Interesting note: The Best Buy page has a note on the bottom stating that the S3 is available at select Best Buy stores only, and suggests checking availability near you. According to the results, all six stores in my area have it in stock :eek: :)

3. zfalcon

zfalcon New Member

May 24, 2002
    True, but I added it to my cart for store pickup, and all the stores went unavailable.

Had a glimmer of hope of getting it tomorrow.

4. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    I added it to my cart before making my post, and it brought me to checkout. I went back before posting this post, clicked checkout, and then continue on the resulting page - I stopped short of actually paying for it. Yet... :D

5. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA

Advertisements

Shows availability at all local stores. There goes any hope of me getting back to bed. I feel like a kid on the night before christmas! :p

6. zfalcon

zfalcon New Member

May 24, 2002
    I was able to almost check out if I wanted it shipped. It wouldn't let me pick any local stores though.

7. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    When you actually click check out, it says backordered. They aren't in stock quite yet...at least not here in DC/VA.

8. zfalcon

zfalcon New Member

May 24, 2002
    Now I was able to pick my local store, but clicking continue just loads the same page. Guess I'll have to wait until it's fully working in their system.

9. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    BK:

YOU BETTER NOT TAKE MY SERIES 3!!

(I'm a Northern VA native too) :p

I'll be at my local Best Buy at 10AM sharp to see if they have it.

10. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Odd...

Now my local stores are listing the Series3 as in stock. Could have sworn they said backordered when I checked 15 minutes ago.

Tysons Corner, here I come!

11. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    WAIT!

Aren't you the same guy that was bashing the TiVo for being no better than a :: shudder :: Motorola DVR box in another thread?

12. vman41

vman41 Omega Consumer

Jun 18, 2002
    If you actually try to buy one online for store pickup, they become unavailable during the checkout process.

13. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Comcast doesn't offer Motorola DVRs in N. Virginia. They offer....Scientific Atlanta 8300HD boxes with outdated 1.87 SARA software. Junk.

I now have FiOS and their Motorola DVR, but they've given no indication that they intend to use the Tivo software.

What alternative do I have? :(

14. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    The family has a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD box in the family room, so I know what you're talking about.

[​IMG]
    WORST...INTERFACE...EVER!!!

15. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Yep.... I sure hope they work the bugs out and are selling today!!! Good thing I didn't have any plans tonight!!!

16. jeffrypennock

jeffrypennock Member

May 18, 2006
    New York
    With the exception of your much appreciated link, how does one get to this page...starting at www.bestbuy.com

17. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    They show available at my local stores in St. Pete as well. :D

18. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I hope they're available before the end of the week. With the current financing promotion you can get 36 months no interest for combined HT purchases over $1k. I'll go ahead and pick up 3 if that's the case. I just hope I can still use this 12% off coupon for one of the units. So leave me a few units in NorthernVA.

19. BriGuy20

BriGuy20 New Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    Go to Electronics > Tivo DVRs/Digital Video Recorders > Tivo Brand Store. Then click the Tivo Series 3 picture.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I can't get beyond the page where it figures your sales tax....it then goes back to the page before figuring the tax. I can't "checkout".