Series3 9.1 w/ Crestron

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tpduffy0316, Oct 8, 2007.

1. tpduffy0316

tpduffy0316 New Member

Oct 20, 2006

Advertisements

Has anyone seen anything tangible regarding a Crestron control module for the S3? All of the "9.1 Improvements" lists I have read mention a Crestron control module over IP, but it doesn't seem like anyone has actually seen this module. The tech guys at Crestron don't know anything about it either. I'm really anxious to try this out - the S3 is the last thing in my house still requiring an IR emitter. Everything else (including DirecTV receivers) has RS232 or IP control.

2. rbienstock

rbienstock Member

May 8, 2007
    I too am amazed that although TiVo is touting this enhancement, no one at Crestron (who would be needed to implement it) has even heard about it. They even swear that it doesn't exist even after being shown TiVo's press releases.

3. tpduffy0316

tpduffy0316 New Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I finally found the right guy at Crestron - they do have this module working. It is in testing now and they say it will be on the I2P site after it is fully tested and documented.

4. jjprusk

jjprusk New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    What is the I2P site? Do you know whether this is a software module that controls the Tivo via ethernet or a hardware connection of some kind?

5. tmesser

tmesser Member

Apr 12, 2003
    Naperville, IL

Advertisements

I2P is the Crestron partner program. http://www.crestron.com/tools_and_r...gration_resources/integrated_partner_modules/

6. JonHB

JonHB Member

Aug 27, 2007
    It would be cool if this protocol was opened up to others....not just Crestron.

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    An open to TiVos other than the Series 3.

8. crazybox

crazybox New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    The crestron module is now here... they may open up to others.... It would not be that difficult to use something else.