Series2 error message

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Bosley27, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Bosley27

Bosley27 New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I recently hooked up my series 2 TiVo again. We changed the room it was in. It was working fine when we unplugged it. It sat around for about a month andniwi am trying to set it up again. I get though the guided set up (45 minutes!) and at the "loading info" step, it gives me an error message and tells me to unplug it and start the guided set up again. Is my TiVo toast?! :(

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    How is your Series 2 connected to the Internet? You should verify a solid network connection first.

You may need to run one of the Kick-start codes
    I would start with KS-54 If the hard drive checks fail do not run the others.

3. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Did you do a Clear and Delete Everything before running Guided Setup? I'm wondering why you felt a need to run it again anyway.

4. bshrock

bshrock Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hello, I am new here also and had a similar problem.

When I setup the new TiVo I moved the old Series 2 from the bed room to the basement and added a Comcast digital adapter box. Because the room is not wired for internet I changed the network from the Linksys USB wired adapter to a TiVo wireless adapter. Something in the wireless connection was blocking completing guided setup. I bypassed the problem by moving the box back and re-connecting the USB Wired adapter completing guided setup then changed to wireless. It's been working for about a month now just using the wireless adapter.

5. Bosley27

Bosley27 New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I can't get past the set up to do anything and I don't know how to cancel guided set up. Is there a way to do that?

6. Bosley27

Bosley27 New Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I ran it again because when the error message came up, It said to do that and start over. Now I'm stuck in the set up and I can't get past it.

7. bshrock

bshrock Member

Jan 6, 2012
    There is no way that I know of to get out of Guided setup other then completing it.

I pulled the plug and moved the box back to bedroom connected it to the USB wired network adapter I did not connect the Comcast digital adapter box or cable. I went through setup and selected everything like it would be setup in the basement except for the network (I selected wired) blindly went through the adapter box setup (I did it enough times to easily answer the setup questions anyway) After the setup completed I moved the box to the basement booted the TIVO verified it was working then swapped out the network adapter with the TiVo wireless. went to settings network and changed the network settings to use the wireless network adapter.

I think my problem is with the Linksys wireless adapter blocking some stuff do not know enough to change the settings without breaking something else the TIVOs can not see each other.

8. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Yeah, I had a similar hangup in Guided Setup for an S2 I recently bought because I didn't bother to run C&DE first. Fortunately, I have an image for that model so I just re-imaged the drive and went from there. What model number is it and are you familiar with imaging Tivo drives? If not, check out mfslive.org. I usually use WinMFS and images can be had for free from members of this forum.