Series Priemere Wishlist question?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DarthYug, Jul 10, 2007.

1. DarthYug

DarthYug New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Advertisements

I have been a TV and TiVo addict for many years now...however the same thing happens every sumemr. All my favorite shows go away and I am left seaching and driveling through TVguides and websites trying to find the "hit" summer shows to watch.

I want to set up a Wishlist that automatically records all the new show premiere's. I have a Pilot Wishlist that I check frequently (although it lists lots of shows about actual pilots and planes) but this only records brand new shows and doesn't include reality or game shows (because those genres aren't going to have a "pilot").

I got the TiVo newsletter that said to add Season Premiere to my wishlist, but it told me to put it in quotes.

A.) How do I put quotation marks into a wishlisht?

B.) What do the quote marks do to the search?

C.) Should I put quote marks around my Pilot wishlist to eliminate plane shows?

D.) Will the Season Premiere and Pilot Wishlists solve my problems of missing new shows that I may have wanted to watch?

Thanks,

Guy

2. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    A) PAUSE BUTTON
    B) Makes the search more specific.
    C) Yes.
    D) Yes.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Shows how little people writing the newsletter know... "Season Premiere" or any variation of it does not work at all to find all season premieres at least not on either of my 2 S3s. The Tivo listings do not include Season Premiere tags necessary for this to work properly. Do they even try what they suggest? In contrast the ReplayTV Zone channel Season Premiere finds a whole bunch of programs even during this summer season and is what I have to use to find new programming. I was hoping Swivel Search may include a premiere tag but no cigar...

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    It does work on the DirecTV TiVos. So it seems that they tried it, but tried it on the wrong TiVos.

(I've had a 'Show Type/Premier' wishlist set up for years)

5. DarthYug

DarthYug New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Advertisements

So it only works on DirecTV TiVo's?

I set up the "Pilot" wishlist and it still contains plane related shows. The "Season Premiere" Wishlist doesn't have anything in it. I am quite dissapointed. Do you think the people at TiVo will fix this problem in an update and start including Season Premiere wishlists?

There is no category Show Type/ Premier on my TiVo (I have a Series 2).

How do I use the ReplayTV Zone channel?

Maybe I should just say screw it and shell out the money for TVGuide and find all the new shows that way...TiVo I love you, but sometimes you aren't smart enough.

Thanks,

Guy

6. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I have a wishlist for "pilot" and one for "premiere" (no season) and between them I think I pull in all the series premieres out there. I do pull in some shows about planes but it doesn't bug me. I don't autorecord from the WL anyway since I don't want to see every single new show out there -- I just look at the list and pick the ones I want to try.

7. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Those don't work for me either. Most season and/or series premieres don't have the keyword "premiere" anywhere in the Tivo program guide descriptions so it can't possibly work since the data is not there (other than on DirecTivos as mentioned above since DirecTV listings have this extra information added to the database).

8. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    Yes, that's largely true. The one for "pilot" brings in the vast majority of series premieres, with just a couple stragglers under "premiere." That's why I have both the WLs. Between both of them, it does work just fine. (For series premieres, anyway. I don't get the first episode of every season of recurring shows, which is just fine for me.)

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
  10. goony

goony New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    To revive this thread a bit (since we're into the premiere season bigtime), here is a program entry for the show Rip and Renew on 10/6 on HGTV from my DirecTivo box (via TivoWebPlus) that has "Season Premiere" as part of the "Type" data field. This was scheduled to record as I have a wishlist setup to catch any "premiere" episodes of shows.

I'm wondering what the guide data in a standalone Tivo is for this show episode?

Code:
    Rip and Renew
    Episode Title	Adding Luster to a Living Room
    Episode Description	Plank floors, built-in shelves and panel molding transform a lackluster living room.
    Episode Number	 
    Duration	0:30
    Original Air Date	10/6/2007
    Genres	House/Garden
    Type	Series Premiere, Series
    Channel	229 HGTV
    Showing Date	10/6 9:30 am
    Expiration Date	10/7 9:00 pm
    Deletion Date	 
    Cancel Date	 
    Cancel Reason	 
    Quality	Best