Series 4 dead?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by muuurph, Dec 23, 2019.

1. muuurph

muuurph New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    So I woke in the middle of the night and saw all the lights on my Series 4 lit up. I thought "that's strange' and fell back asleep (eventually). This morning I wake up and only a solid amber light is on and there's no picture, just a "No signal "message on my TV. I am taking this to mean the hard drive is dead (it's making serious noise). I've tried cycling the power a couple of times with no luck. Is it really dead? Is there something else I can try?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Open the case and hook the drive up to a PC, download the free CrystalDiskInfo software and check the health of the drive.
    If this is the original drive, then it's at least 7 years old and likely has issues.
    If you are paying a monthly or yearly plan, you could look for a a newer model Roamio or Bolt on ebay or amazon and add it to your account and cancel the Premiere.
    If you have lifetime service, you could look on this site for recommended replacement drives and replacement instructions and request the premiere software image on the premiere forum.

3. muuurph

muuurph New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    OK. Yeah I think it's dead. Have lifetime so will think about following the steps you provided. Thanks!

4. Dav Sugarman

Dav Sugarman New Member

Jan 1, 2020
    I'm looking for a Premier with lifetime to fix.
    Let me know. Thanks,