Series 3 Wireless Adapter not recognized

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Brianbbow, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Brianbbow

Brianbbow New Member

Oct 15, 2015
    I purchased a Netgear Wireless N Adapter N600 Dual Band USB to get My Series 3 on the network. The N600 has been configured on my Windows 7 PC using the software Netgear provided. It works on My PC. I plug it into My Series 3 HD XL and it is not recognized. I moved the router next to the TiVo and connected with an RJ45 cable and it works fine. The Tivo still does not see the USB Wireless Adapter even when 10 feet apart. (The normal location of the router is in My office at the other end of my house.)

1. I am unable to locate the users manual for the HD XL and the only link I found in the forums does not work.

I do not have the option of running a 45 foot RJ45 cable to the TiVo unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Best,
    Brianbbow

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Only the Tivo branded USB adaptors will work. You can use a bridge instead, but these can be found pretty cheaply on craigslist.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    The

TiVo AN0100 Wireless N Network Adapter

will plug into the Ethernet jack on the back of the TiVo (it also uses a wall wart type power supply) and work (wirelessly) with N, G, and B wireless routers.

It's a little pricey if you have to buy it new.

The

TiVo AG0100 Wireless G USB Network Adapter

plugs into one of the 2 USB jacks on the back of the Tivo (from where it gets power also, so no separate power supply needed), has a processor of its own that avoids burdening the TiVo's CPU with a lot of extra work, and if you only need a network connection for the TiVo to download the guide data and maybe occasionally copy a show off to PC or copy one from the PC to the TiVo, it'll be fast enough, and you can possibly find one for about $20 or so on Craigslist.

I've never used the N adapter, but I've only had good experiences with the G.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The wireless N is not very sturdy or powerful, but I had a Mini on one for six months. I'm using a Linksys WUMC710 now. The AN0100 was used on my Premiere.