Series 3 TTG -> VideoReDo -> TTCB Questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by hoyty, Oct 28, 2007.

1. hoyty

hoyty Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Sammamish, WA

Advertisements

I was able to take a 30 min sitcom off my Series 3 then edit it with VideoReDo and use TTCB to transfer it back. It seemed to work perfectly other than a little video glitch at the end of edits. One of my questions is is it possible to maintain or recreate some of the TiVo data so when it transfers back it looks the same info wise? If not is it possible to name them in a way so that will go into folders together if same show? It is very nice to be able to strip extra stuff out but if you can no longer tell the airdate or any info of the show it may not be as useful? Thanks.

2. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
  3. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Was this HD? I tried to V-Redo an HD program and the audio was messed up.

4. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I haven't had any trouble with audio on HD shows that I've edited with VR and transferred back...

5. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

Greg:

Could their problem be the codec they have? When you edit, VR needs to use your codec, right?

6. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    I don't believe that is the case. People have used VR as a player when WMP didn't work...

7. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    The problem I am seeing is that the .tivo file plays fine in the WMP but once I open it in VR the sound is garbled. The problem is even playing the original .tivo file using VR.

8. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    Not sure if this will help or not. I don't have it installed on my current laptop and have no problems with sound. But I recall it helping others in the past.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    We're having some trouble with HD content from VideoReDo and TiVoHD/S3 units. We believe that those units are looking for specific multiplexing parameters in content transferred to them. We're attempting to figure out what those parameters are and as soon as we get it fixed I will let you all know.

Dan
    VideoReDo development team

10. mulscully

mulscully Member

May 31, 2003
    Malvern, Pa
    Can I add meta data to a file using VideoReDo?

example, I ripping my dvd's and placing them in a share to use on my tivo, can I add the movie meta data to the .mpg file and make it a .tivo file with Video Redo?

11. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    While you can't create your own metadata, if you could manage to record some of the movie off a cable channel, you could attach that to your mpg from the DVD rip using greg burns' program, TiVoAttach(sp?)

12. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Thanks for that Dan. greg_burns just sent me the link to your post. I ran into that exact situation while trying to work with an HD news broadcast originating from our S3. The video was excellent, however the audio sounded as if it was sped up, choppy and garbled.

On Greg's recommendation I changed the file to an mpeg2 using TiVoDecoder and then was easily able to edit it with VideoReDo. A bit of a work around for now.

Thanks for promising to let us know when you think it is sorted out and thanks too for your help, much appreciated! :up:

13. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Dan, to be clear, I am not sending it to the TiVo (you mention the TiVo looking for some specific parameters). Just viewing on the PC.

14. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    I edited out the commercials of a 30-minute sitcom using videoredo, and then sent it back to the Tivo with TTCB. It is now all garbled with video glitches and audio sync problems. The mpg plays fine on my PC, and in Videoredo. What did I do wrong? Or does this still not work?

15. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    It probably hasn't been fixed. If you had a THD also I bet it would play fine on that - my THDs play these S3>VR files fine.

16. wackymann

wackymann Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Boston Area
    Thanks - I didn't think I was doing anything wrong... I guess i just need to be patient and hope somebody figures out a fix (Tivo or VideoRedo).