Series 3 to Premiere MRV lasts 60 seconds, nothing transfers

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Teggy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Teggy

Teggy Member

Oct 24, 2001
    Wondering if anyone has seen this? I have seen lots of cases where people don't see anything on the other TiVo or one TiVo hangs during transfer, but not this.

I can see shows on my TiVo HD from my Premiere and start a transfer. However, after about 60 seconds, transfer stops. The show is in my now playing list, but is 0 length.

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Try unchecking the video transfer options on Tivo.com, wait a bit, force a connection on both boxes, check the boxes again, wait, force another set of connections. Reboot both boxes, try again.

3. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    I had this same problem about a year ago with my PXL. I think this is how I fixed it.

4. Teggy

Teggy Member

Oct 24, 2001
    Well, after a bunch of changes and reloads, I was finally able to get the correct names to show up (for a while all it would show was "DVR" for my named HDs, as well as some weird "_video" thing), but still couldn't transfer.

I did know that signal was not great to 2 of the machines ("marginal"). I had a wireless extender arriving today and got it configured. The wirelss machines now have "good" or better signal, and by coincidence or not, I can now transfer.