Series 3 not recording suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by David Knowles, Jun 20, 2011.

1. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I didn't get a response yet from the help center forum, so I thought I'd try here...

My Series 3 (original) has been faithfully recording suggestions for years now until Thurs or Fri of last week.

When I go into find programs then Suggestions, there are some programs listed, but no suggestions record.

I have followed the process listed here (turn off suggestions, reboot, turn on reboot) and still no luck.

All other programs work fine.

Anything else I should try?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Any chance your cable company has implemented SDV?

3. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    No conversion that I know of...

4. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I called TiVO yesterday and they suggested clearing all thumbs and suggestions, which I did.

No suggestions as of this morning...

5. adamshipley

adamshipley New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Are you maxed out on HD space? My suggestions stop recording when the recordings saved and the scheduled recordings are more the the HD space.

6. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Would it clear out the Deleted Items folder first if I didn't have enough space?

I think I have plenty of space...

7. spepin

spepin Member

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm curious about this as well. First off, what would SDV have to do with the recording of suggestions? The reason I ask is that in my home, I have three series 2 Tivos and two series 3 HD units. We're on Time Warner who (in my area) started shuffling channels onto SDV about a month ago. Last week I picked up and installed tuning adapters on both of the HD Tivos and got all my channels back. Since around that time, the S3 in my living room has not recorded a single suggestion (although I did perform the off/reboot/on/reboot sequence as well), while the S3 in my bedroom happily continues to record suggestions. Both locations are identical in configuration -- why would one box stop recording suggestions and the other box continue?

Also, as far as space goes, on the problematic S3, I only have one single feature length movie stored -- no other recordings at the moment, and in normal use, it never gets close to maxing out anyway. Both of these units are stock in terms of storage as well.

8. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Cable companies can block 'speculative' recordings on SDV channels.

9. David Knowles

David Knowles Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I spoke to Tivo on Thursday, and after trial and error, he had be change the priority of one season pass, then change it back.

It now records suggestions.

Sometimes the strangest solutions work!

On a note, when I changed the order, the Tivo locked up and I had to reboot. It changed, but I don't know why it did it.