Series 3 - no program data after 7:00 PM tonight

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by wkparker, Nov 2, 2011.

1. wkparker

wkparker New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    I tried to schedule a recording last night and noticed that I have no program data after 7:00 tonight (11/2/11). Forced a reconnect, then a reboot. Called TiVO, and their answer was "it will take 2-3 hours to update, then all will be well - trust us." 8+ hours later, still no program data. The System Info screen says it has info through 11/15/11, but nothing shows up in the guide and I can't schedule anything after 7:00 tonight. Any help?

Thanks!

2. MC Hammer

MC Hammer New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Have you rebooted your box since checking the System Info screen? If not, do that.

3. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Glad I'm not the only one. Exactly the same issue going on with my Tivo HD. Was hoping I would not have to reboot, but, I guess, no choice now.

OP, what is your set up(hardware modifications)? Upgraded internal hard drive? External hard drive or tuning adapter involved? Cable card, OTA?

I have an upgraded hard drive(1 TB), external hard drive( 1 TB w/Antec enclosure), no tuning adapter involved. All hardware and Tivo is right about 4 years old. Comcast cable w/cable card, plus ota.

4. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, just to update my post above:

1. I forced a successful connection to the Tivo servers, even though there was a successful connection just a few hours earlier.

2. Checked "system info" for the heck of it.

3. Did a soft reboot. Looks like it went through the usual start up routine, but when ready to kick into the Intro animation, it just went to a totally black screen; no response to remote.

4. Did a hard reboot. Successful boot this time, however, initially for live tv, it went to the "acquiring channels" screen for a moment.

5. Unfortunately, no change to program guide info. For most channels no program information for anything later after 7 or 7:30 pm.

6. Some channels do have guide info. This is the same as before the reboot though.

Guess I'll give a a day or so, and a few more connections. Then I'll try installing the single original hard drive to see it things correct. Also suspecting cable card may be culprit.

Oh bother. (System details in previous post above).

5. wkparker

wkparker New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    After calling TiVo support again I learned that Comcast has renamed their channel line up to "Comcast World of More". As a result, TiVo was trying to download info for a lineup that no longer exists. I went through Guided Setup again last night and it fixed the problem. I'm just surprised/disappointed that I didn't get a message that the old lineup was going away.

- Kerry

6. wkparker

wkparker New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    It's a bone-stock Series 3 HD, using a multichannel Cable Card and OTA antenna (no tuning adapter). See me post below for the resolution.

- Kerry

7. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I really figured the issue was with what info was actually being downloaded from Tivo. Ironically, just yesterday, I was looking at the lineups on zap2it.com and wondered about that change in the Comcast lineup name.

Hopefully another guided setup won't be necessary, but I suspect it will.

Good to know it was not a hardware issue.

Thanks for the info.

8. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, did not want to repeat guided set up, but looks like it was probably necessary. Thankfully the issue is now resolved for me also, after repeating guided set up.

Seems like this would have affected many users, as I'm sure it did. Maybe for whatever reason, we "missed the memo".