Series 3 - No Lifetime - works fine - 1TB WD Green drive c. 2009

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by ThreeSoFar, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ThreeSoFar

ThreeSoFar FourNow...WaitFive

May 24, 2002
    Baltimore

Advertisements

ETA: I probably have box too. This is not for sale, just trying to get it free to someone who can use it.

Anyone want/need this? Headed to landfill, otherwise. I can probably find you a power cable for it, but no remote.

I upgraded all my TiVos. The 1TB in here was mfstools copied by me. "no lifetime" on this probably means I had it at one point (all mine are/were) but then transferred it.

NOTE: Feet on this are toast. Chewed up by pet rats when they got out. My other
    Series 4 - parts (power hit?) no lifetime post just now has identical feet on it in great shape, fwiw.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  2. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Am curious, have you run SMART on the drive, see if any errors and how many hours? 1TB drive probably worth about the amount it would cost to ship though.

The power supply in this unit might be worth enough to sell at ebay if in good shape, more than the drive. Perhaps someone here could use it.

The rubber feet, they pretty much self destruct on all S3 and most S2. I think they must have changed the formulation on Premiere as those seem to last, at least mine have.