Series 3 HD locks up during movie credits

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by qtopplings, Apr 3, 2011.

1. qtopplings

qtopplings New Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi, this is my first post, so I apologize if this has been discussed before. I've tried searching the forum and haven't found this issue.

I have the Series 3 HD TIVo, paired with Comcast cablecard. When watching a movie or show on HBO, AND also when watching Netflix on-demand movies, if I try to change the channel or stop the recording (or basically try to do anything), the TIVO locks up. I have to wait until the credits are completely finished before the TIVO will do anything. It's extremely annoying! :mad:

Also, if I change the channel to a channel not authorized for my subscription, the TIVO will lock up for 3-5 minutes, and then i can change the channel.

This happens on live and recorded programs, and also with Netflix, so that would lead me to believe that it's not a cablecard issue.

Any thoughts?

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Reboot.

3. qtopplings

qtopplings New Member

Apr 3, 2011
    :D I've tried that, many, many times. This issue has persisted for months now, even after pulling the plug and restarting.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Are you using an HDMI output to your TV? If so, try using component connections and disconnect the HDMI cable while doing so. I have to do this to prevent lockups and reboots and at one time it was doing what you describe when using the HDMI connection. That was more than a year ago so I thought it might have been fixed by software updates.

If that doesn't do it I have to suspect the hard drive.