Series 3 HD, Internal HDD replacement, no Netflix response

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BOMOON, Oct 22, 2015.

1. BOMOON

BOMOON Negative Futurist

Dec 11, 2004
    Southern NH

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

Long part of story, short: my series 3 HDD crashed so I replaced it with a Weaknees srive.
    I originally posted a thread about not being to access the "Video on Demand" menu option.

After many hassles I finally got the the Netflix icon to appear in both the Now Playing list and the TiVo menu. "Video on Demand" is gone.

Current story: now when I click on the Netflix icon in either menu, the display goes gray for a few seconds, then returns to the menu. No hangs, but nothing else happens. No status or error message. This is a repeat of what happened with the old "Video on Demand" optiion.

The network status in settings shows that my DVR is successfully connected to the Internet, I was able to connect to the TiVo service and download all the "information". As another test I was able to connect to the Series 3 web server by entering the unit's IP address in my browser.

I also tried power off/on via disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable (paused about 30 sec with power off).

Note that I am able to connect to Netflix with another device: a Samsung "smart" BD player. So it's not a problem accessing Netflix via my Internet connections, at least not for the Samsung. Only the Series 3 has the problem.

Why can't I get Netflix icons to respond on the Series 3?

Model: TCD648250B
    Software: 11.0K-01-2-648
    Last TiVo Service connection (with re-indexing): 10/22/2015
    Internet Connection: wired Ethernet
    Internet Connection Status: successful connections with TiVo service, able to access DVR web server with FireFox browser from PC's on same LAN
    Router: Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G
    Broadband Modem: Xfinity Model TG862G (Firewall Disabled)

Thanks,

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  2. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I was going to recommend trying running it from the Now Playing List as I seem to recall someone else having a similar issue but you mentioned that it does the same thing from both locations. It sounds like it's not displaying the activation page for some reason.

Scott