Series 3 9.1 Problems??

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by FITFlyer98, Oct 6, 2007.

1. FITFlyer98

FITFlyer98 New Member

Aug 18, 2003

Advertisements

Is anyone having trouble since the 9.1 update?

For me it started right after the update. My Tivo was very slow and froze while fast forwarding. It also makes a popping noise when going between live tv and the menus or recorded shows. I figured out that all the slow down occurs when I have my HDMI and Component output hooked up at the same time. I have disconnected the component cables and the systems works normal, except the audio "pop" type sound. I am sending the audio over HDMI to my A/V receiver. I would like to be able to use HDMI and Component like I was previously? Any advice or is it time to call Tivo?

Thanks

2. pl1

pl1 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2007
    MA
    Slower response. That it is a fact. (For me on three machines, 2-S3. 1-S2)

3. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I notice no difference at all on a TiVo HD, Series3, and a Pioneer Series2. Still waiting to see if my TiVo Basic Toshiba gets the update.

4. FITFlyer98

FITFlyer98 New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    I have now tested it with optical audio and it still pops whenever switching between different sound modes, dolby digital to dolby surround.

5. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish

Advertisements

A little odd cuz my S2 is suddenly blazing fast with 9.1...

6. pl1

pl1 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2007
    MA
    Well, the more I think about it, I had just received the 9.1 update on the S2 and then I DL'd two weeks worth of guide data (I had it shut off for a few months), so it might have been processing the guide data which would account for the slow menu response time.