Series 2 Won't Show PPV Movie Names

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tivoedge, Sep 13, 2007.

1. tivoedge

tivoedge New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    I recently got a series 2 standalone and using Sony D receiver. It won't see the PPV movie names. Never had this issue with the old Hughes DTV unit, and kids' same unit does not have the problem. I love the networking capability in the series 2, photos from the PC on the Tivo, Tivo Desktop rocks and moving stuff to the ipod is nice too -- is this PPV thing a known issue? Is there a workaround? TIA...

2. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    Hmmm... mine works, but then both of mine are DTivo units. Perhaps someone in a standalone Tivo site can help...

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It could simply be DirecTV doesn't supply guide data to outside guide providers, which supply Standalone TiVos. If that is the case, there is no practical fix.

4. tivoedge

tivoedge New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    But I do have the DirecTv Sony receiver feeding the standalone Tivo ... ???

5. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Your standalone TiVo isn't getting its listings data from your DirecTV receiver; it's getting the listings by making a connection to the TiVo service. Classicsat is correct -- DirecTV keeps the actual listings for its PPV movie channels to itself, which means TiVo doesn't have them to give to you.