Series 2 with DirectTV

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jtnolte, Jan 2, 2013.

1. jtnolte

jtnolte New Member

Feb 1, 2009

Advertisements

I've connected my Tivo Series 2 to DirectvDVR HD box and a new flatscreen tv.
    When I viewed my menu of previously recorded Tivo programs they will not play, only a message with two options: 1.) Keep this Program or 2.) Delete.

Any new programs record, but when I go to play, I receive the same options.

I can view the guide, use Tivo2go, and other options, but I cannot get TIVO to play. My tivo remote input button changes settings correctly too.

My hookup is Satellite box to TIVO using RCA cables red/yellow/white connections. COAX from my TIVO to the new flat screen.

I could careless if my DirectTV DVR works, but I depend on my TIVO and tivo2go for teaching. Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You need to use the DTV receiver box, not their DVR box. Tivo recorded a tiny piece of something and nothing else, reached the end and asks to delete.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    How is your Tivo controlling the satellite channel on the DirecTV DVR?

4. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Telepathy? :D

5. jtnolte

jtnolte New Member

Feb 1, 2009

Advertisements

I am not sure how the remote is controlling DirectTV, but here is what it is able to do: The TIVO remote will change inputs, display the guide, and change channels, only the TV reception does not display, instead there is a TIVO banner with the message: "Searching for signal on :Satellite In. See Messages and Settings/Troubleshooting for info."

There is not message and trouble shooting does not help.

TIVO is still attempting to record schedule programs, and they display in list of programs recorded only they still don't play, only the message to keep or delete.

6. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    That's a message from the DirecTV receiver, not the TiVo. You'll need to grab the DirecTV remote and work with it to figure out why you have no satellite signal.

7. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    He is not using a DirecTV receiver, its the DTV DVR.

8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The Tivo will record scheduled programs even though there is no signal.

You need to get a DirecTV receiver, you cannot use their DVR with tivo. Then, you need to use the IR blaster cable to control the DirecTV receiver to change channels.

9. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    That is the receiver I mean. He is using the DVR as if it were a receiver. Not the best idea, as the DVR will still change channels on its own, but the "no satellite" issue is one that has to be dealt with on the DirecTV box, not the TiVo.