Series 2 w/lifetime bad HD for sale

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by jkane, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jkane

jkane New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Milwaukee
    Our Tivo hard disk died for the second time. Did the thing where you run diagnostics or something on it and it started working. It worked for another year, but it's doing it again. My wife uses it, and she did all of that playing around, so if I am not describing the process right, that's why. ;-)

Anyhow, we have moved to all HD, and are using Dish as our service provider. Got rid of our SD reciever, so really don't have much use for this Tivo anymore. Not worth it to me to replace the disk drive.

But, it has the lifetime service on it. So it might be worth something to someone who wants to replace the hard disk.

Make it worth my while to box it up and ship it to you. ;-) Make an offer that is reasonable and it will be accepted.

If you like, there is a Sling Box attached to it. Make an offer on it too! Since it's is also not HD, I don't have much need for it anymore either. Especially since both of our Dish recievers have HD slings on them now.

2. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm interested but can't pm because I have a low post count. Send me a pm and we can discuss.
    Thanks

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What is the model number?

It's on the sticker on the back where the power cord plugs in and should start with TCD unless it's one of those Humax or ATT units or the ones with a DVD recorder built in.

4. jkane

jkane New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Milwaukee
    Model # TCD240080

Purchased/Activated December of 2002.

5. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm interested....I'll send you a pm

6. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    try again

7. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I need two more posts to be able to pm you.....here's one and I'll put another up shortly

8. roscoedarling

roscoedarling New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    PM on the way